What is everyone's GUT feeling about the UF game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Sep 30, 2007.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think that like Tulane, Florida will slow down our defense with a few tricks and a lot of misdirection. I still think our defense will be up to the challenge and overcome that. Our offense will come out focused like we did in the second half against Tulane, but running against Florida won't be as easy. Florida may try to put pressure on Flynn, so I hope we can hit some quick passes to make them change their mind on that tactic.

Ultimately I think it will be a whale of a game but I think we have a very good chance at coming out on top if we play our game. I have a lot of faith in Pelini.

2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

My gut is that we have a better overall team, especially on defense.

I am concerned that Matt has struggled since hurting his ankle, and I am really concerned if Early can't go. LaFell will have to make the catches he missed against Tulane. I am concerned with the o-line play against a real defense. I like our running game, its better than last season as I thought it would be.

I think Tebow is the real deal and a dangerous customer. He'll get his yards on us. I think we'll bend but not break too often.

I see this 28-21 LSU.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Idiot Juice is my loving nickname for their, to use Miles' words, "rock'em sock 'em QB" Tebow. The way he plays, especially against us last year, is like he just chugs a bunch of idiot juice and runs into/over players. His reckless disregard in running (moreso last year) earned him the nickname.

1 person likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

My gut feeling is that we can contain their offense, but for us to score enough points to win, we need Perrilloux at QB running the whole offense, not coming in to run the same play over and over again once or twice a drive.
    No offense to Tulane's d-line, which did a great job yesterday, but no way should they sack Matt Flynn 6 times. MF is clearly not himself, and the only surefire cure for a high ankle sprain is rest. Sit him down and let Perrilloux win this one.

5. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

It's time fo some revenge, remember 2006 !!! :geauxtige

6. TC

TC Le Big Mac

If Flynn had confidence in his ankle and could move around at all, I'd say the Tigers would win comfortably.

But the Tiger playbook has been pared down drastically for the gimpy Flynn, and good defenses can blitz him on every down. It doesn't help that Early is out and LaFell has a bad achilles, so the wideouts aren't getting consistent separation.

Turnovers will tell the story. And the past two weeks LSU has been LUCKY in that department.

I sense the Tigers' luck may be about to run out.

Let's hope the defense plays inspired for 60 minutes.:helmet:

1 person likes this.
  7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

My "gut" feeling is that we were over-looking Tulane this week in anticipation of playing Florida.

I think our guys have been looking forward to this rematch vs the Gators because of the way we played last year (turnovers on special teams deep in our own territory, allowing Tebow to run a little too effectively, etc.).

Florida's loss to Auburn yesterday will probably light a fire under them, and I'm sure they'll be playing with a sense of urgency where otherwise they might not have.

I think it's going to be a very close game. Hopefully, playing back in Tiger Stadium will help our O-line FOCUS a lot better than they did yesterday (mental mistakes by our O-line were plentiful and TERRIBLE yesterday).

I think Florida will complete a few big plays (>25 yards) to keep the game close for 4/5th's of the game but we pull ahead to win, something like 21-16.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I agree. If Flynn were healthy, I would say he would be the starter, but in our "make-or-break" game, we can't afford to get ourselves in trouble by not being able to move the ball and give Florida short fields to work with early in the game.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Without a doubt, and it's been said by some of the players. There were also comments about waking up at SIX O'CLOCK a.m. to play football. We'll come out ready and win by 14 points.....that's my gut feeling, anyway. Won't be an easy game though.

10. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

The Tigers were bound to have a let-down game this year at some point - this was it. Miles has a useful reference point to keep them motivated and focused for the rest of the season. Florida is overrated and our defense is not - they are for real.

It's going to be a fun game to watch. I think we'll win with surprising ease after a tough first half.