What is everyone reading

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUsupaFan, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I read his first one (for fun, not because I believe it to be gosple) and was entertained. How's that one compare?

2. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

You will be equally entertained.

3. Chase4LSU

Have to try it then. I agreed with my wife to do a book for a book, and while I gave her some of my fave noir novels, she gave me the Sookie Stackhouse novels. Angels and Demons, I have to say right at this moment, cannot be any worse than them.

4. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

"True Blue" by David Baldacci. Should have been titled "True Disappointment". Had to force myself to finish it. But one cool fact, in the pages of this book resides the first 3-yr old to make a layup. Yeah, now you get an idea of why this book was hard to read.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Which one are you talking about? I've read The DaVinci Code, and A&D is better.

6. CarolinaTiger61

CarolinaTiger61 Recently Repatriated

I'm about halfway through The Fourth Star by David Cloud and Greg Jaffe. It's about the careers of four Army generals who led the occupation of Iraq: Abizaid, Casey, Chiarelli, and Petraeus. The first part of the book talks about their early careers in the Army, from their colleges (3 of the 4 are West Pointers) to their commands or staff jobs, to Operation Iraqi Freedom. The main point of the book is to show how the military (the US Army in particular) came to a crossroads with the emergence of the Iraq insurgency. Were they going to repeat their mistakes of Vietnam and choose to stay structured as a massive, conventional force designed to fight the Soviets, or were they going to modernize and adopt a new counterinsurgency role?

I'm also working my way through No True Glory: A Frontline Account of the Battle for Fallujah by Bing West.

When I fly, I read my all-time favorite book... The Stand by Stephen King. I'm on my fourth re-read, and I still find myself catching new things that I've missed before.

7. Chase4LSU

That's one of my old faves, too. I've read it three times. I think the unabridged version is the better of the two.

8. Chase4LSU

Davinci Code. I thought o=it was first but I could be wrong.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Chronologically, Angels and Demons comes first. Hollywood reversed them.

10. Chase4LSU

Sounds typical. I'm still looking to give it a try one of these days.