What is catcalling

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jul 11, 2018.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Then maybe make that comment in your own mind as opposed to including her in your fantasy baseball game?

I'm teasing you. However, comments like that, while well-intentioned, can make you come off sounding and looking lame AF. If she's that beautiful, she probably isn't surprised and could perhaps become more of a smug beyotch as a result. Or, as I said, she could be mildly annoyed. I tend to think that compliments, when rendered respectfully, should be welcome because there will come a day when they will stop. Ery'body gets old.

I used to visit my grandmother, long-deceased, with my stepdad. He would walk in the convalescent home and tell all the women how beautiful they were and made each of them feel as if he'd come just to see them. He would bring ice cream and lavish them with attention and compliments. The looks on their faces were priceless....I guarantee a compliment rendered in that situation would be appreciated far more.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

True enough. I've mentioned before that my upbringing resulted in my thinking it to be an insult for someone to offer to open the door, pull out my chair, stand when I enter the room, etc. I have done a 180. I now see those things as a sign of respect and I truly appreciate southern hospitality.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ok, I’m already lame as fuck, so no worries there.

kcal likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

She needed a good bending over a desk.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A former girlfriend had some mooslem steal her luggage at a Paris subway station. One of the bags had all of her meds in it.

6. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Giuliani cleaned it up. I spent a week traveling on them by myself. It's the best mode of transportation in New York

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That's not a catcall, that's a wolf whistle. A catcall would be an appreciative or suggestive comment made in public.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Interesting topic.

Why do women get dressed up, have a tight dress on, have their tits out? I'd imagine for the "right" guy to notice. The problem is "all" the guys notice.

LSUTiga, watson1880 and Bengal B like this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It’s funny because I was telling these young PC bitches, I bet if I was George Clooney it wouldn’t be an issue.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you were George Clooney women would be catcalling you.