What is a good Pistol Forum?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Mr. Peabody, Apr 2, 2008.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Note to self: Decline dinner invitations to Peabody's house.

2. red55

I once felt that way, but my .357 was so big that I never took it anywhere. It stayed in its case at home mostly. I began to feel that a pistol was no use to me if I didn't have it when I needed it. So I got a pocket pistol that was much more than a toy, but much more carry-able than a heavy, awkward .357. I chose a Walther PPK and I'm delighted with it. Expensive, but a classic with all the bugs worked out of it 50 years ago.

[​IMG]

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

So you know "Spanky"?

6. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Sig Sauer (link)

I have a P229 .40 S&W. I absolutely love it. I already have a Colt 1911A .45, so I was looking for something smaller that I can conceal carry (with permit, of course).

Consider the P220, among the other models. The Sig is right there next to the HK recommended by TheDude. The primary reason I chose the Sig over the HK was the comfort of the grip. The HK .40 S&W didn't fit my hand as well as the Sig.

My P229 groups extremely well at 10 yards, and the model I purchased included a light rail, with a mini mag that side mounts. Quite nice for home protection.

Also, consider Crimson Trace for home security as well. http://www.crimsontrace.com/ My parrain just bought a .38 with the Crimson Trace grips for his wife. She fell in love with the point and shoot simplicity. Criminals are in trouble if they enter her house.:wave:

Sig has numerous models and finishes, and does come in the SA/DA that you are looking for. Sig also has a unique decocking lever that I find very comforting.

7. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

PaPa bought a Walther .25 for my grandmother to carry about 25 years ago. She is 75 and still carries it for personal protection.

My parrain also has a stainless PPK in his collectors case, as he carries an HK .45 Compact as his choice for conceal carry. A very nice weapon indeed, Mr. Bond.

8. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I know of him. I joined a few days after him. I mostly post on Glocktalk. The ones that started Bayou shooter posted in the Louisiana section of Glocktalk (I sort of update the gun shows there) and I checked the site out and joined. I've only posted a couple dozen times there but it's grown quite well.

9. stegaman

stegaman Founding Member

Apparently walther hasn't worked out all the bugs. The currently have a recall on some of their PPK and PPK/S
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...catalogId=10001&content=62303&sectionId=10506

10. red55

Fortunately, mine is not among those recalled. Since 2002, Smith and Wesson has been manufacturing PPK's sold in America under license from Walther. They must have messed with the proven design . . . and look what happened. :dis: