What I'm looking for against UF

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

Well that was certainly an interesting first month of football. Hard to believe we have already run through 1/3 of the regular season. Boy it started with so much enthusiasm after having shed the Les Miles anchor and inserted a hometown hero in his place. So much has happened since that victory over BYU. That was fun ... remember?

But ain't it funny how the football bounces ...

After all that has happened, we do stand at the threshold of a new month. Maybe a new beginning? I simply have no clue what to expect from this team. So we put the OC back in charge (who may or may not have been in an altercation with the HC ... can't find anything on this). The players had their own meeting, the coaches had their meeting, the AD had a meeting, the concession workers had a meeting, and the grounds keepers had a meeting. Two key players on the defensive line return (thank you!), but how big their role will be is up in the air. The same is true for the Tigers starting RB. That means we are on the "3rd" RB, as Darrell Williams is a little gimpy, to run the offense. And the Tigers are coming off an embarrassing loss to Troy.

Oh and the fans are really pissed. FIRE EVERYBODY!!

I don't do good at projecting W's, L's and scores so here's what I would like to see:

On offense I would like to see play designs to attack an aggressive D line that will probably be in the backfield a lot. That means lots of 3 step drop, short and quick strike throws, screen passes and oh maybe a pass to a TE or two. Besides taking pressure off the O line, we are going to have to attack through the air because I have no idea how our RB's are going to produce. Too many unknowns there, running plays will only be to keep the defense honest. Good thing UF is weak in their backfield. That helps.

On defense I would love to see our boys up front get control in the trenches and disrupt a freshman (and former LSU commit) QB. He's talented as hell but he is also prone to freshman mistakes. Rattle his butt and our DB's will take care of the rest. We are going to have to stuff the running game and force their young QB to make decisions and try to move the ball through the air. That gets a little tough when you're young and your top WR is out.

Been one hell of a week for this team. I'm pretty sure this not the kind of season anyone expected. I know they would love to get the monkey off their backs. Perfect day to do it. I think Florida may be ripe for a loss. They haven't exactly been lighting it up. The Tigers backs are against the wall. That's when things get interesting. LSU should want this game more.

I hope they want it a lot more.
    Because I still hate UF.

GEAUX TIGERS!!

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What about the ongoing feud between the peanut vendors and the hot dog vendors

3. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

Bastards need to keep their nuts out of the buns.

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Will this team have the resiliency to bounce back from adversity and not panic if they get in a hole on the road? Will they have the conditioning to stay in the game for 4 quarters? We'll see.

Bonus question: how many SEC road wins does Orgeron have as a HC? Hint, the answer shows up twice in his name.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

That's only 3 fewer than his total sec wins.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

What happens when they get hit in the mouth? We need 11 devin whites

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'd take 7 Devin Whites and 4 Greedy Williamses.

stevescookin and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  8. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I would like to see a defensive line that pushes and causes trouble. Just that one thing. Baby steps

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Have to pray 90 stays upright to have a chance

10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Great read.