What has happened to Bech?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Sep 18, 2022.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

They are using a TE in lieu of a 4th WR, which should be Bech.

2. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

It's clear you can't be objective about LSU and that's fine because you're a huge fan. I get it, but the reality speaks for itself. Boutte has been given many opportunities this season and he's been a flop. Did Daniels not throw Boutte the ball on a crossing route during the FSU game and he didn't catch it because he was half-assing it? It should have been a touchdown, period! Even the announcer pointed out that Boutte gave a half-ass effort because it was so apparent. Did Daniels not throw another ball in the corner of the end zone during the FSU game and once again Boutte half-assed it and didn't come down with the ball. Chase, Jefferson, Moss, Nabors, Thomas, Taylor and Bech would have come down with that ball. To appease Boutte, we then open up the Southern game by handing him the ball or throwing it his way like the first five plays. Nothing. Boutte's big problem is he's physically gifted, but he doesn't have the work ethic and drive to reach his potential. The reality is he's a bust and LSU is a better team without him.

3. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Not sure I totally agree but I am leaning that way.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I'm just tired of hearing about Boutte when he basically has done little to nothing since arriving. I'm all about results and the only thing he's shown me is he's drastically overrated and becoming a cancer on the team!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That's your opinion and it's wrong but that's okay, you're allowed to have it

geaux9 likes this.
  6. geaux9

geaux9 Founding Member

Bech is not a great blocker. He’s adequate. Great route runner and receiver.

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Agreed. Not to mention that the O-line needs improvement. This contributes to an already seemingly run-happy QB running more. Bottom line is, the receivers we have aren't getting touches they could (should) be getting. Hell, they're barely even getting looks from the QB.. I would imagine it's a matter of time before they start jumping ship to go somewhere they will get more playtime. We shall see.

8. shane0911

So here is the breakdown of targets through the three games we have played:

Boutte - 18
    Nabors - 17
    B. Thomas - 10
    Jenkins - 9
    Taylor -12
    Hilton - 8
    Williams - 4
    Lacy -6
    Bech - 3

Looks like a fairly even spread to me. For someone to bitch so much about Boutte to me is just being a crabass. Especially when they don't know the kid (remember he is still a kid) nor do they know anything about him. To listen to this clown he would have you believe that every single pass goes to KB.

9. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Clown? Are you his daddy or something? Better question, did you become a grandpa yesterday? Since you're going to keep defending Boutte, tell me one game this year that's he's been a difference maker. Besides the season ending game against Ole Miss in 2020, tell me one game in his career at LSU that he's been a difference maker? Also, since you still think KB is a kid, you might want to tell your son to wear a condom next time!

10. shane0911

That isn't the point. The point is you flapping your jaws about how Daniels is only focused on Boutte and I told you he wasn't. Is he having a rough start, sure but your criticism is misplaced. He's a kid, show some class if you have any

furduknfish and Winston1 like this.