What has happened to Bech?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Sep 18, 2022.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

The problem is he's more of an inside receiver than outside, so to give him more snaps means you have to take some away from Malik Nabors. Not saying he shouldn't be more involved. He should. Just pointing out that it's difficult. But Brian Kelly makes $10M/yr to make difficult decisions.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well, you have Daniels who is not a pocket passer,behind a very young line having difficulty protecting him right now. Unless the play is specifically called for Bech there is little chance he is getting the ball.

Hopefully in time this changes

3. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Bech seems to me to be a "go to" third down receiver. but have to admit Nabors looked the part last week.

4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

The problem I have with Daniels is he appears to be focused on Boutte all the time because he's almost afraid to get him upset. What has Boutte done for us this year or last year? I can only remember one game since he arrived where he caught a ton of passes that I would say we would have probably lost if he didn't play. This season he's half-assing it on routes and on effort. Boutte should have had a touchdown against FSU when Daniels threw a beautiful ball in the corner but he half-assed it and didn't go hard to get the ball. I can guarantee you that Bech would have come down with the ball. I don't understand how any fans are talking down about Bech when he's pretty much caught everything that's been thrown at him. IMO, screw Boutte and throw the ball to Bech because at least we know he's going to give 110% every play. Just tired of these prima donnas and over-hyped players thinking college football can't exist without them. Bench Boutte and throw the dang ball to Bech!

5. shane0911

Wrong

MobileBengal likes this.
  6. shane0911

And that is your problem. He isn't focused on Boutte at all! The kid is usually running for his life and while I haven't pulled the stats I'd say he has thrown to Nabors more than anyone, even more than Boutte. So yes, that is in fact your problem.

furduknfish and MobileBengal like this.
  7. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Is it possible that Boutte is not 100% healed?

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Should be some extra targets open to him Saturday. BK just announced Boutte will not be playing. His GF will be giving birth and he's excused from the game.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. shane0911

CT will still find a reason

10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Bech not playing more and producing more is likely a result of a loaded WR room more than anything else. Can only have so many of them on the field at one time. With Nabors, Boutte, Thomas Jr., Hilton, Jenkins and Lacy it's a crowded room.