What happens if USC or Texas loses?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeD, Nov 14, 2005.

1. clair

clair Rockets

If Texas loses to A&M... then bye-bye...

SC plays 2 ranked teams... They will be in, unless they lose twice

2. jbh5555

jbh5555 Freshman

I think USC can lose and still wind up un the Rose Bowl. Texas does not have this luxury.

As far as LSU goes, we need Miami to lose, Texas to lose, and it would also help if Penn State loses (a lot of voters would give a 10-1 PSU a shot before us).

If all the above happen and the Tigers win out, on to the Rose Bowl to take out 2 years of frustration on the Trojans. I can already hear Pete Carroll saying "I'm just glad we didn't play them 2 years ago.":thumb:

3. clair

clair Rockets

Nice post... welcome to the forum

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I would dot you again, but the software won't let me. Effing Pollsters give me heartburn.

5. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

You know after thinking about it and putting down my "Hatred of all things USC" colored glasses, I do believe the line of thinking would be "They are the best one loss team, just as Red55 said.

However, USC and UT will not lose down the stretch. They are too good and I look for UT to beat USC if they play. UT has a good defense. If Vince is accurate and stays consistent as he has been, I believe they will win. What defense has USC played?

6. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

They will play against their best defense this week, fresno st. That's how bad their schedule is.

7. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I agree with Red .

Usc can lose and still make it.

Texas can not.

The pollsters will punish Texas for their conference and because of what OU did.

Penn St. is our worry over Miami. Miami doesnt deserve it over LSU or Penn ST.

The bottom line is if Texas and USC win out that is our game.

If USC were to lose then there would be a quagmire that would explode the BSC.

Can you imagine a Penn St or LSU jumping USC with them losing on the last game.

Pete Carroll would have the AP poll vote them #1 anyway. Because the BCS only matters if it works in their favor.

I hate USC. Just hate em.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Speaking of the AP, will their #1 ranking at the end of the season (bowls included) represent a title like in years past?

9. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Yeah, no reason why it wouldn't. It represented a title before it was in the BCS.

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

So they will have 2 crystal balls if they win the BCS and are voted #1 by the AP, right?