What happened to our #1 defense?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by huangw, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

My question exactly.

2. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

We played not to lose, simple as that. Pelini is no longer the #1 DC. Over the summer he said he had some great scheme to defend UF's spread...that worked out great. I could have stopped UK's offense, its really pretty simple.

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

That really doesn't show proper respect to the job Kentucky's coaching staff did tonight.

A DC can gameplan for an opponent to have it simply not work the way he thought. It happens to everyone. Tonight, it happened to Pelini for the 2nd time in two weeks. The only difference is that last week, our offense made the plays that it needed to win the game.

4. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

The D-Line got beat again. I'm sorry but those guys are not living up to the hype. Favorite and Woods aren't exactly scrubs replacing Alexander. Dorsey and Jackson are supposed to be the studs. This is the strength of the defense, so it's kinda hard not to give them most of the blame.

Zenon had a rough night too.

5. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

after watching again I have to credit Woodson for the lack of pressure. He dumped the ball off very quick. No time for pressure.

6. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

In our D-Lines defense..

Pass rushing is a hell of alot harder than pass blocking. Next week we'll see what our big guys are made of.

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

The secondary needs some work. Too many big passes. I'm at a loss as to why we didn't pressure Woodson more. When we did he looked like a school girl with the ball.

8. msully

msully Founding Member

TWO THINGS I WILL SAY > 1 They are still the same team we played last year , They just felt what we have felt after the Gator game all year . 2 I had 8 Kentucky fans call me last night after the game , I have never had that happen from any group of fans. It will never happen from them again as long as I live .I will take this Kentucky game like I take the gator game and use everything at my finger tips to be sure LSU beats their Wildcats. That means a sports page this week misson has changed , I believe 3 out of 3 happened with it USC Trojans got beat , and Flordia got beat , the NC maybe lost , so it now will spend it time on the Wildcat Nation telling how great a team is playing each week and how each team here is whom they playFlorida TBD
    FLORIDA 14 KENTUCKY 48
    Oct. 27 Mississippi St. TBD

November
    Nov. 10 at Vanderbilt
    TBD

Nov. 17 at Georgia
    TBD

Nov. 24 Tennessee
    They can easy lose 2 of these games with a little help 3 and some luck 4 of the games !! Go Vandy!! The Gators will beat the Wildcats !! The Vols will beat the Wildcats , I will say Vandy will beat he Wildcats !! If Georgia can suck it up they can beat the Wildcats ! I have never gone after another SEC before , but I will starting today Sunday. I saw something in the Wildcats coach's eyes that I did not like ! They were going after Flynns ankle , that was cute ! But our Ol is not doing it's job either . I am going to pay 8 Kentucky fans back The TailGate View Will tell the story of how the great Wildcats will destory the Gators of Florida this week KY 48 Fl 14 before you laugh look at the Wildcats average LSU did not slow them down a bit The Gators are going down again !!!

9. flyingtigr

flyingtigr Founding Member

What the heck did you just say? I mean really. That was the worst English I think I have ever read.:dis:

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

[QU. I could have stopped UK's offense, its really pretty simple.[/QUOTE]

BULL CHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!