What game will decide the SEC West This Year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Jun 26, 2007.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That's an amazingly interesting figure to me.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I know, looking back, anyone can do the "what if" game. Time and time again Shula used a mantra, "we're close." Fact is, we were. The problem wasn't the fact of being close, the problem was when we were close, the opposing defense knew exactly what we were doing.

It was little things. A couple of years ago we had discussions time and time again about the way the OL were setting their feet. Up on their toes, it was a running play. Back on their heels, we were going to pass.

Back in '05, during one of the MS games, I was sitting in the living room with a few friends of mine, 4 girls, me and another guy. While he and I follow the Tide religously and could tell by the set, etc., what the next play was going to be I was shocked when I walked in the room early on in the game and one of the girls said, "this is going to be a passing play." Now, understand, she maybe watches 2-3 games per year but she could forecast the upcoming play?!?!?

Jumbo package. It's the RB up the middle.

When I say that I have an optimistic attitude with the offense in '07 it's because of those little things. It's the kind of thing the offensive coaches simply won't miss.

Hearing Pendry speak, albeit briefly, about the technique and process that Con (former OL coach) taught and him chuckling about it tells me one thing. I feel for the OL at UCLA this year.

Believe you me tiga, I could tell you story, after story, after story...

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Funny how Andre Smith gets a rushing TD in the red zone after Shula was canned. Can you imagine tackling that? :eek:

4. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Wow. Christensen should be all-world after his senior season with all that practice.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I'd bet that was a Dave Rader call. We'll be left wondering what might have been if Shula would have let some of the offensive play calling control to his OC.

It was a tackle eligible play...how long has it been since that one has been called. It was one of the few plays that literally shocked the hell out of me.

:hihi: He was injured for the first few games last year. Or, do you not recall the uproar with Tiffin being given several attempts (missed) which cost the Arkansas game?

6. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Terry, you know that thread about Rocky Mountain Oysters? I can think of a couple of posters here who might combine that thread with the What's For Dinner thread in your honor.:hihi:

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I'm not a "non-sports message board fan." I mean, who cares if Rosie O'Donnell may host the Price is Right? (BTW, I heard Dan Patrick is under consideration, but I heard that on ESPN Radio.)

But, David, after jumping over there that is just funny!! :rofl: