What game will decide the SEC West This Year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

LSU-Auburn, without a doubt.

2. Pedro

Pedro Freshman

I will say LSU-Auburn, as usual, but even that game should not mean as much. LSU should coast through the West this season- I cannot think of a year where the Division has been weaker. Arkansas will implode with all the turmoil surrounding the program, Alabama is a few seasons away from becoming an elite team, and Auburn has suffered heavy losses from last season.

In my opinion, there is no excuse for us to lose to any of the 5 other West opponents, as we have them all totally outclassed. Add that to a 3 game Eastern Division schedule that does not include Tennessee or Georgia, and there's no reason getting to Atlanta should be a challenge at all.

Les Miles has to win the conference outright this year, or else I see the program taking a step backward. Not just go to Atlanta, but win there as well. I just cannot see it any other way.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

It will be the game geauxsethro has to miss because of a wedding.:hihi:

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I will play devil's advocate...since not even the Bama guys will...and say that I believe it will be the Nov. 3rd game that determines the winner of the SEC West. Now, I don't think it will come down to LSU and Bama for the West, but it's possible. What I mean is that game will either make or break OUR chance at the West title. We lose to Bama and Bama beats AU, and I think Arky could get in...or McNeese St.:thumb:

5. AUin06

AUin06 Freshman

SPUAT will not beat Auburn. Bank on it.

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Can't get my mind off UGA '06...sorry.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

With Colonial, I suppose? :yelwink2:

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

As far as games in the West are concerned...

One thing I think it's important for you guys to chew on. I firmly believe, considering the need for DT's, is we will win more games than most think right now. On defense as we have in the last few years? No.

Unlike a lot of Bama teams, I can easily see this team getting into shoot-outs. And, considering the success moving the ball last year (with the exception of the red zone) we'll put some point on the board.

The story with Arkansas will be answered the third week of the season.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Hmmm. Nine starters return from an offense that finished #8 in the SEC last season. Those two new guys must be something special! :hihi:

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

-VS-

LSU, Alabama, South Carolina and Florida were all in the red zone last year 53 times.

Results?

LSU scored 44 out of 53 times: 38 TD's- 6 FG's
    UF scored 39 out of 53 times: 35 TD's- 4 FG's
    USC scored 39 out of 53 times: 31 TD's- 8 FG's
    UA scored 40 out of 53 times: 20 TD's - 20 FG's

How's the saying run...Optimism is denial for chumps with no life experience?

Take away an inept (or insert chump) Offensive line coach (no longer will we be force fed the idea, "There is no such thing as bull rushing in college football anymore), and inept (insert...) play caller and replace them with quality coaching leads to a different ending in '08.

I could tell a HUGE difference in the OL approach just from A-day.