What fresh hell awaits Tiger Nation today and in the coming weeks...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Dec 10, 2020.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Gotta admit, after the euphoria of 2019, 2020 isn't fun at all.
    Wish the football season would mercifully end now. Since we're not playing in a bowl game, is it really necessary to play these last two games?

tzanghi likes this.
  2. USAFRet66.86

USAFRet66.86 COTiger is cool

Yes. With all of the negative publicity we are getting, do you want to add quitter to the list?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Well, we need to play our schedule, but if they were not playing for much before the "no bowl game," I shudder to think what will happen now. I pray the 2nd and 3d teamers get some game experience. That was about the only beef I had with Oueax last year, and I know he was pursuing the NC, but I don't think he played enough backups to get decent game experience.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

The bowl ban was actually a smart move for this reason. Ending the season will both stop the bleeding and allow us to make immediate staff changes without the bowl prep causing us any issues. Prevents any more opt outs. Allows the players to get away from the program for some time. It may also allow the NCAA to go lighter on us for penalties in the OLOL scandal. All around great move.

I am weary of some big time recruit losses, but I don’t think this class can get too out of hand given how many solid players we have.

Realistically, we should be able to play more competitively against Florida. Shitty defense and run game. Just need to double Pitts and get pressure on Trask. Not holding my breath with Pelini making the calls, but the talent disparity is not bad against Florida and we should have more talent than Ole Miss.

5. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

The sooner we get to the off-season, the sooner all these issues can start being addressed.

No matter what happens, the 2021 season will probably be subpar. Hopefully by 2022-23 LSU will be back to competing for the SEC West.

It’s going to be a long and painful 18 months

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

northernvatiger likes this.
  7. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

BayouBengal014 likes this.
  8. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I think this will get far worse soon before it gets better. A lot of smoke to indicate things in the coming weeks will be like cauterizing a wound. And we got a lot of wounds, fellas.

northernvatiger likes this.
  9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Agree with you about not going bowling. If we would have gone to a bowl, it definetly would have been a lower tier bowl with less of a payout. With all the Covid restrictions around the country how much fun would it have been for the players anyway?

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

add the olol issue, guice and other allegations, ed's bedroom pic, and you have a strong case for lack of institutional control....

northernvatiger and HalloweenRun like this.