What does Cee Dee Lamb think of Stingley?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Feb 25, 2020.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Such is the nature of being a CB. Bama had the 2nd best WR corp in the nation next to us and one of the TD he gave up to Smith late in the game was due as much to poor call defensively by Aranda as Stingley for giving it up.

furduknfish likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It wasn't even that it was a bad call. The sideline (a coach) yelled at him. When he looked over they snapped the ball and the WR got the jump on him. Just terrible timing on our part.

fanatic likes this.
  3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I think he was referring to the later score when Sting got burnt in the 4th. That one also goes on Delpit though, since he was supposed to be deep safety and he never got close to helping out.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yep, that's exactly what happened. He got distracted for a split second and that's all Smith needed. As far as the call, I'm obviously not a DC, but at the point in the game, they were still playing man when they probably should have been playing zone to protect the lead and force them to run clock.

5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

If I recall the play correctly per the reports it was intentional. Tua pretended to look over for a call to adjust and when he did, the LSU sideline was doing same . Kudos to them for exploiting it. Too bad it only works once.

tzanghi and shane0911 like this.