Environment What do we make of changes we’ve made to improve the environment?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Aug 5, 2018.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

is the smoke making you miserable?.. been really bad here for a week, like sitting next to a campfire

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Depends on the wind. Sometimes it brings the smoke into the area where I am but for the most part the wind has been blowing the smoke and ash eastward toward Elsinore.

There are just so many fires going on in California that firefighting resources are really tapped. There are over 600 firefighters on this one, half a dozen retardant dropping tankers, and after 3 days it's still only at 2% containment.

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...&ll=39.73190084321426,-121.17264376562497&z=7

and the fire season's just getting started, jebus,.. stay safe girl, socal's canyons-yikes, I lived in one, one way in/one way out,.. but you already know,.. everybody, it's even scarier later on, adding the Santa Ana winds, horrible, potential flash fire nightmares.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That's incredible. Would bother the hell out of me- the in-going efforts to so little advancement.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No doubt I guess you keep trying but is it worth the effort. Mother nature is a bitch.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

The Tubbs fire in Santa Rosa last year was horrible. The majority of the firefighting resources focused on Napa and Sonoma wineries, for obvious reasons, but so many others lost their homes and their lives. Elderly people who couldn't get out in time, others caught between home and safety. My brother and sister-in-law are both firefighters in San Francisco but live in Sonoma. They were evacuated but crossed the line back to their house and got there just as their back porch was starting to burn. Had they stayed in the evac area, they would have no home today. There were random firefighters who had come to the area from all over CA but there were no trucks for them to ride on so they were driving around in their own pickups with axes, shovels, whatever they had to try and help.

That fire was caused by faulty power lines but the power company doesn't want to own that. And of course with so many homes lost and just one small government office for building plan approval, the rebuilding takes forever.

The Holy Fire near me is burning some beautiful area. I hike it frequently. Kills me to think of what it's going to look like.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

This video is worth a watch. This is the arsonist who has been arrested for setting the Holy Fire. A news crew interviewed him before the arrest. He doesn't appear much more than sketchy but he has created unimaginable harm. One point to be made....he says very clearly that he is ADHD and that the medicine they gave him has the opposite effect. I've made this argument about pot and lots of other big pharma drugs and mass shooters.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

"Eight big Mexicans." Lmao

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Dude's name is Forrest. Ironic to say the least.

[​IMG]
    Crazy pic.

GiantDuckFan likes this.