What Are Your Favorite Spices, Herbs, Seasonings?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by RubeTiger, Sep 1, 2011.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

this is why i feel like a black market runner on my way back to ok from my br trips. every time i am stocked up on things i cant get here.

at each tailgate, my boy pod brings boudin to me from dave's in new iberia. under the cover of early morning darkness on the parade grounds..... "pssssttt.... hey lady, wanna buy some boudin?" :hihi:

2. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

lol...Everytime I head down, I bring back about 100 pounds of crawfish (if I'm lucky) zatarans crab boil, some fresh shrimp, boudin, and some alligator sausage from my uncle's restaurant in Houma. Wish I had the means to move home. :bncry:

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I know the feeling. When I lived in Florida I always packed a couple huge ice chests for the ride back.

To stay on topic, I couldn't live without Tabasco. I also really love the seasoning blend from Bourques in Port Barre, I buy it by the gallon. I eat a lot of fresh cayenne peppers with my gravy and rice when they are available.

4. Eq4bits

Eq4bits (Deep East) Texas Tiger

Papa Guy's
    (all the kick of tonys/zatarains but without the sale - and without the fonky taste the no-salt versions of those two have)
    Or I make my own with cayenne, etc.
    well that stuff above for 'spicy'

I truly love basil and tarrogon and of *course* rosemary for various things.

eta: as to boudin... only from the Boudin King in Jennings, LA.