What are you reading?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by DallasLSU, Feb 14, 2006.

1. MeauxJeaux

MeauxJeaux Founding Member

Death in the Silent Places by Peter Hathaway Capstick. I've got 4 books left to have the whole collection. He was a very good writer, his books are about as close to Africa as i'm going to ever get. I'd recommend his books to anyone who likes hunting or the outdoors and doesnt mind the occasional graphic details of someone being eaten by a lion. :wink:

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That sounds like something I'd like, including the "eaten by a lion" part.

3. MeauxJeaux

MeauxJeaux Founding Member

Good stuff.
    :thumb:

4. MCab

MCab Founding Member

PRON PRON PRON

Just kidding, I'm reading "Of Human Bondage," and no that's not pron either.
    I'm also reading "Golf is not a game of perfect." I don't play golf, but this works for rugby or any other sport, too.

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Just finished two great books:

Cold Paradise by Stuart Woods- I love Stuart Woods. His novels are unrealistic and sometimes cheesy, but I love them, particularly his Stone Barrington Novels.

Breaking Vegas by Ben Mezrich- If you liked Bringing down the House or Ugly Americans, you'll like this one too. It's great book about a guy (group of people more like it) who made millions playing black jack and they weren't card counters...

6. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I am almost finished reading A Night to Remember by Walter Lord. It is an account of the Titanic disaster as told by the survivors, whom Lord interviewed. It is a fascinating read, really draws you into the actual happenings of the tragedy as they unfolded.

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Just started Pierced By A Sword. Given to me by a friend. Interesting so far.

8. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I had just started "The Broker" by John Grisham but have either lost it, or someone else wanted to read it and didn't wait for me to finish......Started on "Cell" by Stephen King. Is it worth reading?

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Nothing deep, but, to me, interesting.

I am getting ready to start "Why New Orleans Matters". I don't know if it will tell me anything new, but I thought it would be interesting to read.

I just finished "The Fire Inside". Firefighters talk about their lives and it is in snippets over lots of different subjects. At times it was gut wrenching, at other times I laughed my ass off! I learned some fun new terms, such as "rig boner".

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Would be interested in hearing the humorous part of the book of Job. Please.