What about Ukraine and Russia?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 13, 2022.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You changed it to a person. I also said the example of double homicide. It would apply at any stage of pregnancy.

Thats on you.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Are you suggesting that we should never imprison anybody for murder because nobody has moral authority?

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Did I say no one has moral authority?

I asked what yours was…….

4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

So, the fertilized egg is not living? Only when you can detect electrical impulses from a group of cells is the "baby" living? You're not being logically consistent. Which is to be expected, of course, from somebody who made a decision about abortion on emotional rather than rational grounds.

Sperm cells are living. Unfertilized eggs are living. Should all those be protected as well?

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

An abortion is terminating life.

Am I wrong?

6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Authority to do what? Imprison Putin? I obviously don't have such authority. Authority to make moral judgments about his actions? We ALL have such authority.

7. Rex

Rex Founding Member

About that, in particular? No. Masturbating into a sock is terminating life, also. The appropriate question is what life should be protected? I say PERSONS, you say fertilized eggs and blastocysts. I'm just wondering now why you wouldn't be in favor of protecting all sperm cells and egg cells which together have the potential to become fully formed human persons?

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

But you must realize morals are just made up rational right? You can bend them anyway you want, as examined here.

Some extermination of life is good. Others not.

But in the end, what Putin is doing is no different than what the US has done before.

So when Winston talks about the morality of the US vs Russia, there is no such thing.

All we have here are groups of people ok with this VS that.

All I see are people like you bending your rational to fit whatever the current climate is.

It’s all fake nonsense. I can ask 10 people to define a set or moras and I get 10 different answers.

That is the point.

You and him don’t give a shit about life over there. If you did, you wouldn’t be here. You would be fighting. Things you actually care about you take action on.

Again, it’s just rationalizing your feelings.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The US war machines kills tons of innocent life. None of us care when we do it so why should any of us care now?

Just like Jan 6th, the only reason I am
    given to care are emotional ramblings about some fake freedom in a foreign land.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That disqualifies you right there.

LSUpride123 likes this.