What a terrible Gold Star phone call...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

As I said troll

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

The reality of these LSU political boards is that the most articulate posters are those on the left side of things. That's no accident... because the Republican side doesn't require complex articulation. That "right" (i.e. incorrect) side consists mostly of jingoistic, racist, xenophobic, fear-based and greed-based sloganizing that doesn't ask much of its audience except sheepish conformity. We have proof from polls, don't we, that people on the right have a distrust of intellectualism, so when LSUpride123 flatly alleges that he could articulate anything better than I could... well, an LOL is appropriate and sufficient.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Really, you think you know who we are huh?

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You are so delusional in so many ways...... By the way, you are pretty good at sloganizing, or is it sloganeering?

5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Your words give you away.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The problem, Rex, is that your doltish post are poorly constructed and lack original thought.

COTiger, el005639 and Bengal B like this.
  7. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Trump very Trumpishly made something so sacred a national debate when he compared his preferences for assuaging Gold Star families vs. previous Presidents. Then, almost as if on cue and straight out of central casting, we get Congresswoman Wilson who checks every box on the liberal democrat stereotype and obviously has 0 understanding of a battlefield environment. In the interim, four families grieve while their country argues over this shit. It's disgusting and more of a testament to how callous we've become as a country after almost 17 years of continuous war.

ROY_LA_CA, Winston1, mctiger and 2 others like this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Glad I wasn't having my coffee while reading this; the spit-take would have cost me a pretty good laptop

Bengal B likes this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Donald Trump Is Rush-Shipping Condolences to Military Families
    Four families of fallen servicemembers received next-day UPS letters from President Trump after a turbulent week in which Trump falsely claimed he had called “virtually all” of the families.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...ping-condolences-to-military-families/543606/

Timothy Eckels Sr. hadn’t heard anything from President Trump since his son Timothy Eckels Jr. was killed on August 21. But then, on October 20, two days into the controversy over the president’s handling of a condolence call with an American soldier’s widow, Eckels Sr. received a United Parcel Service package dated October 18 with a letter from the White House.

he said, “Honestly, I feel the letter is reactionary to the media storm brewing over how these things have been handled,”

:cool: express mailed fake empathy from the White House

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Not enough or too much.