What a terrible Gold Star phone call...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Oct 20, 2017.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

He didn't decide shit. He can't help himself.

After the Johnson call a mature, decent president would have said "I'm sorry there was a misunderstanding. I am sorry, from the bottom of my heart, if I offended Mrs. Johnson in any way, and if I in any way added to her immense pain it was purely unintentional, and I deeply regret it."

Instead, that orange asshole called her, in so many words, a liar.... and instead of calling her "Mrs. Johnson" referred to her as "the woman... the wife". TOTALLY DISRESPECTFUL.

You know, we might could give Donnie Degenerate the benefit of the doubt except that he has a history of shitting on Gold Star families, doesn't he? Not to mention shitting all over John McCain's POW heroism.

When are you going to grow up and admit that you voted for a monster?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Nice melt

4. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

Why did congresscritter happen to be visiting when Don called ?
    Sad she used her son's memory this way.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Rexie as has been noted time and again you're a worthless troll. Why did the congresswoman break the bonds of privacy and grandstand???? Why didn't the congresswoman use her influence to get the information about how Mrs Johnson felt so Trump could have made another call? No she saw an opportunity for notoriety and took it....adding to the distress of Mrs Johnson. Did she give one whit about that??? It doesn't appear so. She's been recorded laughing about it and crowing that it's made her famous. How does that stack up in your godlike judgement????

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'll take the mother's word for it because it does sound like something he would say. The congresswoman shouldn't have been privy to the call though that should have been personal.

I also want to point out there was a widow of a fallen soldier that tweeted out when Trump said Bush or Obama didn't make those calls like he does, she said something like President Bush visited me, and I yelled at him and he took it and then embraced her and they shared a nice moment. I don't see Trump ever doing that.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No one can claim Trump is a model of empathy or that he's a wordsmith. It seems he tried to follow Kelly's guidance though bungled it. Bush has tremendous empathy as has been shown time and again. Obama can at least fake it.
    As I said earlier the congresswoman was in the car for the call (and can't be faulted for that). Her hearing the conversation is just a twist of fate.
    No matter how stilted the conversation was Trump showed good good intentions.
    It is inexcusable that the congresswoman made the conversation public.

LSUpride123 and kcal like this.
  8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Who is anybody to say how a grieving wife should choose to do that?

As I've stated previously, a decent commander-in-chief, a decent human being would not have called her and the congresswoman liars in so many words. Trump's first instinct was to lash out in retaliation, like a spoiled brat. A decent person would have said something like "I'm sorry, Mrs. Johnson, if I said anything at all to offend you. I would never wish to add to your pain. I apologize if I said anything I shouldn't have, or if I said things that seemed insensitive."

Instead of even referring to her as Mrs. Johnson, Trump called her "the wife... the woman." She has a NAME.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

WTF is that supposed to mean, you dishonest hack?

Is it because he's black? Do black people not feel empathy?

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You're a total racist. Everything is about race to you. Your comment doesn't deserve an an answer but I will give you one.
    My comment is from over 9 years of observation. He seems fake to me....much as I see Trump. I think they're both sociopathic egotists.

HalloweenRun and LSUpride123 like this.