What a Libertarian Is - and Is Not

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by XXL TideFan, Jun 1, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

One more for you that sums up alot of the policies so far.
    Americans Approve of Most Obama Actions to Date

2. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

The big problem that I see is that people are in love with the rock star, but don't know much about the real person that isn't on state performing. Much the same way that I love Bonnie Raitt. BUT (and that's a Roseanne Barr BUTT), I despise her politics.

The sheeple of this country love his music, but his true political colors haven't really set into the sheeples' reality, because they are still listening to his music and enjoying his show. They haven't stopped to see what's behind the stage.

I've only had a glimpse behind the curtain, enough to know that I don't want to go backstage. I wish the rest of the general public would take off their BO colored glasses, get past the "historical signficance" aspects of this presidency, and see where the rubber actually meets the road.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

Thats your opinion, if he had a 33% approval rating than you would still be bashing saying most folks dont agree with him. You can use whatever reasoning you want to suite your argument, but the polls show that you are wrong or in the minority.

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

CNN, New York Times & CBS polls do not agree with this poll.

All polls have shown this for a couple years.

The poll only shows support for health care reform, like all polls on health care have shown for years and years. Obama has no specific plan so it would be hard to support something that doesnt exist.

The biggest decisions Obama has made so far have been opposed by the public polls. Auto industry bail outs and financial industry bail outs have had huge poll numbers against. Its no coincidence that Obama's highest disapproval ratings (35%) have come on the weeks Chrysler and GM bankruptcy deals were announced.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

I just disproved this with actual data and polls most from Gallup.com Show me where NYT and CBS poll disagree. Other than that its just your opinion.

The Financial industry and economic polls I posted disagrees with your opinion. Or maybe you conducted your own poll.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

Heres a poll on the stimulus package, Bush bailed out the Financial industry that was the 700 Billion Dollar TARP plan.

this is the stimulus package
    Poll: Most support Obama's $800 billion stimulus plan - CNN.com

Maybe you will say that CBS and NYT polls dont agree with this one, but not post it?

http://www.newser.com/story/47374/7..._source=ssp&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=story

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Dude just took office. The majority of Presidents that "just" took office have higher polls. That, based on peoples lookin for change. If he said tomorrow he was gonna pass making milk last longer, he would have a high poll for that move too.

Give him time to really effect the pass/ fail meter.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

I was just refuting the claim that americans disagree with "MOST" of his policies, like someone said earlier in this thread. I didnt spew a bunch of opinions, I posted polls. That is all.

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Its all on pollingreport.com.

CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Poll. May 14-17, 2009. N=1,010 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3.

"Which comes closest to your view about what the U.S. should now do about the number of U.S. troops in Afghanistan? The U.S. should send more troops to Afghanistan. The U.S. should keep the number of troops as it is now. The U.S. should withdraw some troops from Afghanistan. OR, The U.S. should withdraw all of its troops from Afghanistan."

5/14-17/09
    Send More Keep Same Number Withdraw Some Withdraw All Unsure
    % % % % %
    26 27 22 23 2

CBS News/New York Times Poll. April 1-5, 2009. N=998 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3.

"From what you have seen or heard about the situation in Afghanistan, what should the United States do now? Should the U.S. increase the number of U.S. troops in Afghanistan, keep the same number of U.S. troops in Afghanistan as there are now, or decrease the number of troops in Afghanistan?"

4/1-5/09

Increase Keep the Same Decrease Unsure
    % % % %
    39 18 33 10

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

As did I.

I think when it comes to polls you need to look at more polls than just one and pollingreport.com is a good source.