What a Libertarian Is - and Is Not

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by XXL TideFan, Jun 1, 2009.

1. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Truth be known, I like just about everyone else grew up thinking that there were republicans and democrats and that you HAD to fit in one camp or the other. Not unlike Alabama or Auburn football for the folks here in Alabama. After holding my nose and voting for what I deemed to be the lesser of two evils since 1980, I found that I could no longer do this. Regardless of degree, evil is evil. After being called many names/labels including anarchist, I opted to search it out. I believe that I could be labeled a Christian Libertarian. Although, I don't necessarily agree with everything that the Libertarian Party advocates I find that I can live with the intellectual honesty of the following of what a libertarian is...and is not. Unless someone really and truly believes that government can better determine what to do with my money or that another side of government can better determine the relationship between consenting adults, I don't see why everyone doesn't adhere to the following philosophy. Everyone please poke some honest holes in it. Tell me why it is wrong. Intellectual honesty is the operative phrase.

REST HERE

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'll keep my guns, my freedom, and my money. MM, Red, and all the other BHO supporters can keep the "change"

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Thats cute Shane, you think of that all by yourself cause Ive never heard anyone say that before or did you need some "BEER" to help you, Mr. Upstanding Citizen:D

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

So are Libertarians UAB fans?:lol:

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Where exactly do you get the notion that I'm against guns, freedom, and money? I gots lots of each, amigo, and like it just fine. Show me one damn post where I have advocated against any of the above.

It is foolish to stereotype people without evidence. Voting for Obama doesn't mean I agree with his entire agenda. It just means that he beat Hillary in the primary. Just exactly how is he causing you to lose your guns, freedom, and money anyway?

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Cause it sounded good for him to say it, even though he cant present any evidence.

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

reds a baller.. we're talkin' ramah money here..

red, do you have any glass marlins or footage of your trip to the singapore zoo you could share with us?

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'll have my people call your people.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

someone saw a clever little bumper sticker on the way to work this morning.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yep, boy you effers are touchy in here. Gettin all riled up and stuff. You make one little obama joke and everyone gets all huffy.:grin: