What’s a Crayfish?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

This has to be said .
    The ‘Cajun ‘ angle at LSU games is total bullshit. Louisiana Saturday Night song? Dump it .Baton Rouge is about as Cajun as Dubuque .
    Arnsparger and Saban brought structure and discipline to this program — neither arrived knowing what’s on a seafood platter if it bit them on the ass.
    The Hometown Boy from the Shrimp boat Who Made Good story with Baby Huey was nice - damn nice - got us a season that can only be matched never surpassed but it’s played . The man in charge went sour , couldn’t handle the success and ended up having the attention span of a 4 year old hyped on donuts at a Toys R Us.
    Time for a grown up and for the love of God and all things holy don’t let me hear the words at the introductory press conference ‘players coach.’ The last two hires have fulfilled that Ass Clown requirement for the next two decades.
    Bring in a coach who is
    A) a winner
    B) leader
    C) and couldn’t pronounce Thibodeaux if his balls were under a guillotine.
    Shit ! Where’s the Tylenol!

2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Pretty sure that guy an hour west of here knows all about scrimps and crawdad. Can spell jambalaya too. Knowin the local culture and bein a great future coach arent mutually exclusive reqs unless your name is taint.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    TBTrumpet and Winston1 like this.
  3. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

You had me agreeing until I got tp “C”. One if the best DE in the country is Kayvon Thibodeaux of Orgeron. So i’m thinking that his coach, Mario Cristobal knows how to pronounce Thibodeaux and Boudreaux.

TBTrumpet and shane0911 like this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

And Boutte! Its Booty NOT Boo Tay

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

And what the hell is a 'Thibodeaux' doing in Oregon!! Its just wrong like the Jazz being in Salt Lake City (because everyone loves all the music/musicians that have come out of the Salt Lake Jazz scene). NOPE, Kayvon should be in Baton Rouge out for the year with an injury like the rest of our starting defense.

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Hes actually from LA (westcoast) if I recall but kin originated from LA (south). Sidenote, I saw lots of Thibideaux and Boudreax in New England area while workin in N Boston.

7. Don Castavez

Good point. Taken under advisement

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Boo tee

shane0911 and Don Castavez like this.
  9. Don Castavez

Bellichick telling Boudreaux Thibodeaux jokes . Now I’ve seen it all .

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

My grandmother on my dad's side was a Boutte. The family always pronounced it Booty. However I think the proper way is Boo Tay. Supposedly according to a lawsuit in 1957 by the heirs of Jean Lafitte vs Sunray DX it was proven Jean Lafitte was really Jean Francois Boutte. Our family recieved royalties for about 8 years. The royalties were minuscule because there were so many heirs. The Gosselin families were also heirs. Apparently the lawyers for the Boutte and Gosselin families proved Jean Lafitte was the bastard son of King Louis XIV. Apparently King Louis gave Jean Lafitte what is now called Belle Isle South of Morgan City to get him out of the family. The families sued for shares of the oil and gas produced there. My dad left me the court papers. Interesting stuff.

northernvatiger and lsu-i-like like this.