well...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Jul 27, 2006.

1. clair

clair Rockets

this is true! very true

2. clair

clair Rockets

1. OU lost to TCU b/c they couldn't score... Wasn't the game like 12-7 or something?

2. He is a "running" QB, but he had the highest passer rating in the nation.

3. Texas has WAY more talent than Vandy, but how many close games did Vanderbilt lose last year? BUNCHES! If Cutler was this great, fearless leader, he would have willed his team to the win, like Vince did in 2 straight Rose Bowls

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I disagree completely. Between Young, Leinhart, and Cutler, their is no way one won't turn out to be great. Scouts can be wrong on a player( see Ryan Leaf), but the odds of them being wrong on all three of things is a lot smaller....

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

happens every year. someone goes out on a limb to predict a player wont be great. pretty safe bets id say. :lol: :lol:

that could very well mean of all-time. clair is correct to assume thats what you meant. you didnt say biggest busts of the year. "NFL" encompasses all.

5. tirk

yes but you don't understand that you implied it by not qualifying it. simple english you're overlooking.

6. clair

clair Rockets

thank you :)

7. tirk

let me try this one last time. if i was to say you were one of the world's biggest losers, it doesn't qualify when. it means you're at the top of all losers. it could include this year and every year.

also, it could mean you're the biggest loser of all time. you could still qualify as both since both could fall in the same group. they arent mutually exclusive.

im simply trying to help you understand but since your feelings are hurt I think class has ended for today. everyone pick up your crayons and pass your papers to the center aisle.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I'd put money that Cutler wins more NFL games the Young.

9. clair

clair Rockets

you're going out on a limb, considering that Cutler is with a offensive-minded coach, and a playoff team, huh?

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

So what? They TCU still scored more than OU, if I'm not mistaken.
    Do you know who owns the all-time passing yardage record in the NCAA? Timmy freaking Chang! Yeah, he oughta be lighting up the league any day now. If you're denying that Vince was a running QB, I'm through taking your opinions even semi-seriously.
    And this makes absolutely zero sense. You conceded that Cutler had essentially nothing to work with, but then go on to say that he should have accomplished things similar to what Vince did. Just for the record, Vandy got literally robbed of the opportunity to go to a bowl for the first time since you've been alive at the Swamp by a zebra who claimed that basically a fist-pump was excessive celebration. But I guess you missed that. Texas has been pulling in top 5 recruiting classes for quite some time now. Your discrediting of Cutler reveals that you have much to learn about the QB position.

It's VY's intelligence, or lack thereof, coupled with the fact that he's got so much to learn at this point that make me doubt his future in the league.