Welcome back Mathieu

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by southerntgr, Sep 3, 2012.

1. southerntgr

southerntgr Veteran Member

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Will his teammates welcome him back? He cost them a preseason #1 ranking and possibly another shot at the BCS. Will Les reinstate him next year? He has never restored a dismissed player yet. Will the NFL draft him next spring anyway? Is Tyrann just being a good boy for the scouts?

Lots of questions here.

3. southerntgr

I think his teammates will welcome him back. They have supported him on twitter which he has now closed. I don't think we will not go to the BCS title game because Mathieu is gone. Now what Les will do I can not say.

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

This is a difficult, high-risk, high-reward decision for Les. If he ends up dismissing him a second time, I can see this causing locker room problems and us taking an enormous PR and credibility hit, with the NCAA sniffing a lot harder around the program.

On the other hand, if Mathieu really does clean up his act and has a stellar senior season, it would be an absolutely incredible redemption story.

gyver likes this.
  5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

It all depends on Tyrann.

I'm all for repentance and forgiveness...but saying the right things that people want to hear so badly alone doesn't cut it. I read where he said he wants to take back what was taken from him.

Nothing was taken from him...he pi$$ed it away himself.

For the record, I'm really rooting for him but genuine conversion is what will be needed for a second chance. And the first step of conversion is a frank admission of who's responsible. A changed life can't happen without true self admission of guilt.

People who've been through the process admit that it takes a lot of time....especially with someone so young.

b_leblanc and gynojunkie like this.
  6. southerntgr

I think it says a lot that he could have taken the easy way out and gone to Mcneese and be on his way to the start of his NFL career. He didn't do that. He went to rehab, put everything on hold including plenty of money and remains at the college he loves.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

he will not play football again at lsu so he wont have teammates to welcome or not welcome him. if he did play, they would definitely welcome him, because he has done nothing wrong and cost them nothing. the loss of the number 1 ranking is not relevant.

8. titoabad1

titoabad1 Contributing Member

A situation like this one reveals Miles best traits in my opinion. I trust him more than I would any other coach that I can think of to make the right decision for the program. I don't believe that he will allow TM7 back unless has been completely convinced that the kid has cleaned up his act.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Redemption and forgiveness is one of the greatest traits we have in America. If he has truly repented and is following a new path we should all welcome our "prodigal son" back. Not so much for his talent but for his future.

Tiger in NC and stevescookin like this.
  10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I wish nothing but the best for TM. I know this will be something that weighs heavily on Miles' mind.

tdubya and 4EvrLSU like this.