We will never beat Alabama again

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jan 24, 2018.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

He is the worst of both parties... a social conservative and fiscal progressive.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Because there are none that can win office. Over the last 20 or so years, the divide has gotten larger. It used to be that most would come back closer to center regardless of which party they were with to accomplish the people’s business. Now they must win at all cost and destroy each other when they lose. Instead of taking care of the people’s business, they waste time and resources trying to discredit the party holding office so they can control the next election. I think both parties have lost focus and are destroying the working class.

Regan said the worst thing you can hear is “I’m from the government and I’m here to help.”

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

fify

Pjoe likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I wasn't talking about political leanings. I was talking about how any governor is on dangerous grounds when messing with LSU football. And Edwards is a moderate nut. Aren't you socially liberal and financially conservative. Efwards is the opposite direction of you.

5. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

There's always a big discussion when discussing coaching salaries when it is or was a potential target...case in point, Jimbo's salary at TAMU. Sexton's master fiddling on contract negotiations. Salaries have gone bonkers nationally. Hell he's right. Him saying it doesn't mean it's changing. If you take fandom out of it (which I know is next to impossible on a fan board), this is basically campaigning for a second term.

My biggest point of contentions with some of the poster's arguments is optics. Some feel the optics are bad for a governor to speak on national coaching salaries even though he has nothing at all to do with foundation dollars, and rightfully so. But the optics from the university (not just LSU) employee perspective don't matter? It's fandom with no perspective. Full disclosure, I have no issue with what JBE said nor do I have an issue with coaching salaries.

The other issue from optics perspective is when your athletic foundation has plenty of money but they're forced to hire a 2nd rate coach because they're paying too many buyouts and don't have the balls to say fu#k it and spend the money on a tier 1 guy anyway. Spend it. The great philosopher Chad Butler, aka "Pimp C" said vividly and with great charm "It ain't trickin if ya got it." RIP Pimp C

You guys/you people. If you're comparing a board full of mostly conservative white men versus the term used to generalize an entire spectrum of black folks, no. In it's simplest form of making sweeping generalizations regardless of subject, sure why not? I'm guilty. Would "some" guys make you feel better? I'm cool with that. See, us people can compromise, LOL.

didit, lsu-i-like and ParadiseiNC like this.
  6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

The majority of HCs make under $2 million. Jumbo Edwards is using outliers to push his bullshit populist narrative. He probably wants to limit executive pay as well.

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

FIFY

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah but we all know the best way for this state to shit on you is to mess with LSU. Even if he can’t its not like Louisiana is leading the nation in future brain surgeons and rocket scientists they won’t know any better

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If university employees blame CFB for LSU’s economic woes outside of sports, the politicians have succeeded. JBE has exponentially more to do with their economic woes than CFB.

The optics of O&E is initially bad, but the ends could still arguably justify the means. They just might be those 3-stars that elevate to first round draft picks; remains to be seen. Not to mention, politics could possibly have more to do with those hires than finances.

10. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Thanks!