We will never beat Alabama again

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jan 24, 2018.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Not in football. Louisiana politics. Politicians and academicians have been undermining athletics as long as I can remember. Bob Brodhead taught me this as a child.

The run with emmert and saban looks more miraculous with each passing day.

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards believes that multi-million dollar college football coaching salaries are “obscene” and a cap to limit them should be in place. Edwards, during a meeting with The Advocate editorial board last week, expressed his concern over escalating staff salaries that have “gotten out of control.” Louisiana's flagship college football program, LSU, is one of the country’s leaders in football staff spending.

quote:
    “I am concerned. I’m not as concerned as I would be if those were tax dollars being spent,” Edwards said. “I do think that there has to be some look nationally at some sort of salary caps for the organizations. This is an arms race, and it’s gotten out of control. Some of the salaries and buyouts are obscene and they can create all sorts of problems. “Everybody at this table knows that those are not taxpayer dollars but the general public doesn’t necessarily know that,” he continued, referencing the Advocate reporters and editors in the meeting. “And what about those faculty members at LSU and elsewhere who haven’t had a raise of any size in many, many years and they’re seeing what’s happening in athletics?”

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Oh god damn, does he realize what LSU football does for the rest of the university? His quote though he does have a point about it being an arms race

kcal and Bengal B like this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Well damn, I was holding out hope he was reasonable. It’s not tax dollars? And when well spent it shines a positive light on your university and state? So free advertising? The problem is what, again? Have you seen the obscene amount of money that LSU football makes? GD MF WTF??!?!?

kcal, ParadiseiNC, tirk and 1 other person like this.
  4. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

It is what it is

5. tirk

Yes that part is legit but it's not his place nor does it come out their coffers. The athletic dept is self sustaining. Stay the fuck out of our athletic department.

fanatic, GregLSU, kcal and 3 others like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

Agreed, he must not like his job. One sure fire way to get run the fuck out of dodge is to fuck with LSU football.

7. tirk

Once again the nonsensical argument that professors salaries are somehow intertwined with a coach's salary. They slashed education and expect everyone else to remain stagnant.

Fix your side of equation and move it forward. Don't undermine the only cash cow that keeps LSU in the forefront. These mfs just can't help themselves.

Sabans actual worth to that shithole university is probably 10x his salary with the exposure it gains. Bama gets it. We never will.

Winston1, stevescookin and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. LaSalleAve

That line of thinking from the Governor is why we have a guy like Ed Orgeron as the head coach . I listen to 104.5 every morning on the way to bring my kid to school and there is a commercial for either Rebel or Revel Heating and Air and their slogan is the bitter taste of a poor installation lasts longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price. In other words, you get what you pay for.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If Saban was running IBM or General Motors, which he probably could do, he would be paid $100 million instead of $10 million. If Ed Orgeron was the captain of a shrimp boat, lets call it the Rosy Finch, he would be making $100k instead of $3.5 million. It's all relative.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    tirk and LSUpride123 like this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Hello darkness my old friend.

stevescookin and tirk like this.