Watching JL warming up before the game and when he was on the sideline

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_TheChamp, Oct 11, 2009.

1. LSU_TheChamp

LSU_TheChamp Founding Member

I was pulling for JJ last night but he let us down. So I hope Les should give our backup QB a chance, especially JL. Watching him on the side line from 45 yard line seat last night, JL proved that he's a team player and still hungry to play some ball.

Warming up before the game, he put the ball right on the money 30-40 yards away, while WRs had to stop and come back for JJ's football.

On the sideline, Lee was so happy when our D stopped the UF's O on 4th down by clapping his hands. The guy is down to earth and should deserve a second chance.

Your thoughts?

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

back-up QB is always the most popular guy on the team

2 people like this.
  3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I have not seen him throw in warm up, but I think we need to consider making a change, try it for 8 snaps every game and see what happens.

4. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

This.

To the OP, let me get this straight, you watched him in warm-ups and clapping on the sideline, and think that qualifies him to be the starter? Right.

5. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

on your post...
    I would get banned!

6. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

JJ will be run into the ground just like Lee was last year. Who ever is playing better should be in the game, period. Practice is one thing, but games or another. JJ looked better last year. He is panicing out there and lacks confidence to go down field. If Lee can quit eying receivers he would be great because he is confident. He will hit receivers in stride far more often allowing them to be the play makers. I think Lee needs and deserves a series or two in the Auburn game. The play of JJ is just snowballing downhill very quickly.

1 person likes this.
  7. FriedBoudinBall

FriedBoudinBall Founding Member

give Lee a shot.

8. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

That only happens when the starter is killing them. How many UF fans are picketing for Brantley? How many OK fans are sorry that Bradford is back? How many UT fans are ranting for someone else other than McKoy? Do you think that Ar Kansas fans are unhappy that Mallet transferred from Michigan?

1 person likes this.
  9. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

I think we'll see it, have thought so all along. If nothing else, giving an inexperienced JJ a chance to come out at times and not feel like it's ALL on his shoulders. Also may give him a chance to digest some of what he's experiencing as it happens without getting caught up in the stress of having to go back out on the next series every time.

Shep can help them both out on this, too. Never heard of a three QB system and may be off the hook here but we need something to jump start our offense. Would be ONE HELL of a chemistry builder for all three to share in some wins and give opposing coaches a lot more to game plan against. Right now it's a pretty simple task.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I would have to agree with this. Lee deserves a series or 2 vs Auburn.

He stuck with us, now we need to stick with him.