Was that Leonard Fournette down on one knee

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by N.C.Tiger, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

I like.

As long as they don't shit on me. I DO have limitations.

I've often thought that but that hard headed sum bitch would only love it that much more.

2. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Gotta say I got a lot done today not wasting my time watching the over paid whiners. The sad thing here is these morons are literally crapping on the people who pays their paycheck. The league has been down all year so far with view ship, that will get worse after this crap and fewer tickets are being sold. The great majority of people have a big issue with guys who get paid 500K at least to PLAY A GAME bitching about things not being fair. Come do my job and pay my loans, mortgage, and fing taxes for a month and then talk to me. I am all for making a statement about something you feel strongly about but this is like the stupid bathroom nonsense a while back, or pride month or some other social bull shit. Leave the politics out and stop shoving a particular ideal in my face that is contrary to 90 % of the country.

Bengal B, mctiger and HalloweenRun like this.
  3. Bayou Tiger

Long time I don't watch those cock suckers.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Who dat say dey gonna watch dem Saints

5. Bayou Tiger

I stopped when they traded M Anderson- Other than the last couple games thenyr they won SB. Told me they didn't care if they won.

6. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I don't see them protesting the flag, I see them protesting to the flag. Turning towards the flag pleading for justice.

Brian likes this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

This is the problem with Trump. He won't condemn Putin, the Russians , the KKK or Nazis yet he tees off on this protest. He's playing to the lowest of his base not uniting the country nor reconsidering fundamental rights.
    I think the protests are ignorant and wrong. The flag is a symbol of the greatness we aspire to and the effort we've put to make the words of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution ring true. It is the hope of those who want to form that more perfect union.
    The protests are seen by many as not only spitting on those aspirations but on those who have sacrificed everything to gain and maintain them.
    If you read what Kapernick says now you wouldn't support kneeling....but you would support efforts to reduce the tensions in today's society. I know too many who have been stopped for driving while black and other similar conveniences. I also know too many blacks who have been killed by their own and too many trapped in the viscous cycle of ignorance and poverty. Rather than make these "pretty" showings like kneeling engaging in effort to reduce the tension would better serve their community.
    I believe it's as much or more economic and social reasons that police violence seems epidemic. How many officers in these incidents have been black too? More than the proportion they are in the force I'll bet. Why are black police racist? No they feel threatened and afraid for most of the same reasons white Latin and Asian officers do.
    This problem will only be solved by investing in real change and helping them lift themselves out. Remember the saying give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him to fish and he eats forever. Teaching, leading and demanding change is the only chance. Every one of these players earned his roster spot by effort, learning and pushing himself farther than he thought he could go. Not one was given his job because he was black or white or brown. What works in the NFL works in the rest of society. They need to lead by example and effort.
    Kneeling may make you feel good but unless you walk the walk and spend your time really making a difference your protest is a selfish waste.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I sort of got away from Trump but he's destroying the comity of the country by his actions. He's playing to a narrow base and dividing people rather than acting as a leader. He's using demagoguery to inflame passions so he can take advantage of them. In this case he's using many of our (including mine) disgust of protests against the flag and anthem to condemn those who protest and support the protest. He believes it will help him. Do you understand he only cares about what help him. He is a selfish small minded loathsome person who would rather make himself feel good than do the right thing.
    Take this protest. It was dying down and actually becoming counter productive. He used his speech to stir up his supporters and get just the reactions he hoped for. You see when people are angry they rarely think clearly. Don't be fooled friends. He cares not one whit for you or anyone anything but himself. He will bring the whole world down if he ends up higher. He isn't worth your spit.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hear, hear. I felt like I was listening to a drum and fife as I read that. You know, the same drum and fife that played when Oliver Wendell Douglas made his American farmer speeches

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.