Was that Leonard Fournette down on one knee

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by N.C.Tiger, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Best summary of 21st century American poltics ever written!! We can only hope that the last 2 sentences are incorrect.

2. mctiger

My thoughts inserted above in classic GOP red.

furduknfish and Winston1 like this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

The last two sentences are not even close. Rome lasted about 1100 years (750 bc- 425 ad). It was a kingdom until about 400bc and an Empire/dictatorship from about 20bc through the end 425 AD. When it was a republic it was very unlike unlike ours.
    The one similarity is that demagogues romanced the people and army with promises of money and free food. This led to strong men notably Julius Caesar to use bribery and games to gain power. Caesar was the straw that broke the republic a pattern started by Marius and Sulla 50 years before. His grand nephew Octavian (Augustus) finished the transition to empire. The empire lasted for over 400 years.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Say or do what ever they want but do in in their spare time and not on the football field. These idiots are damaging the brand of the NFL that makes it possible to earn more money in a year than a lot of people make in their whole lives. As well as killing any chances to earn significant endorsement money. I hope they all end up working at McDonald's when they are 40.

Richdog likes this.
  5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Was there a point to that? It only proves my own: nobody can drape ideals over a coffin, so it's not correct to say that dead soldiers are automatically dishonored when somebody protests to the flag. But, on the other hand, when those ideals the flag is SUPPOSED to represent... liberty and justice for ALL chief among them.... are not being adequately upheld then it's understandable that a citizen might peacefully protest a ceremony that carries on as if they were. Colin Kaepernick feels that the ideals are being dishonored, and he's not a "son of a bitch" for believing so, nor is he dishonoring the flag or any soldiers.

6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

That's for NFL executives to decide, not you. I say the protests are peaceful and reasonable, and they neither pick my pockets nor break my legs.

7. mctiger

And I think Kaepernick is an un-American cretin, to coin a phrase.

Richdog and furduknfish like this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

The NFL and its rulebook instruct players not to make political, social or any other kind of message during games unless expressly approved by the league office:

“Throughout the period on game-day that a player is visible to the stadium and television audience (including in pregame warm-ups, in the bench area, and during postgame interviews in the locker room or on the field), players are prohibited from wearing, displaying, or otherwise conveying personal messages either in writing or illustration, unless such message has been approved in advance by the League office. Items to celebrate anniversaries or memorable events, or to honor or commemorate individuals, such as helmet decals, and arm bands and jersey patches on players’ uniforms, are prohibited unless approved in advance by the League office. All such items approved by the League office, if any, must relate to team or League events or personages. The League will not grant permission for any club or player to wear, display, or otherwise convey messages, through helmet decals, arm bands, jersey patches, or other items affixed to game uniforms or equipment, which relate to political activities or causes, other non-football events, causes or campaigns, or charitable causes or campaigns. Further, any such approved items must be modest in size, tasteful, non-commercial, and noncontroversial; must not be worn for more than one football season; and if approved for use by a specific team, must not be worn by players on other teams in the League.”

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-nfl-rulebook
    Last year Roger Goodell prohibited the Dallas Cowboys from putting a decal on their helmets to honor the fallen police officers who were murdered by the Black Lives Matter terrorist. Additionally, Goodell fined Robert Griffin III for wearing a t shirt to a press conference after a game which had the following message:

Know Jesus
    Know Peace

In both instances, among several other similar incidents, Goodell cited that the NFL does not authorize or condone political, religious or social commentary at NFL functions.

So the league looks the other way for this....
    [​IMG]

and they don't give a shit about this....
    [​IMG]

Just don't do this....
    [​IMG]

And just how much "trouble" did Isaiah Crowell get in for this....
    [​IMG]

Did other NFL players call him out for this disgusting display?

I'm so sick of the hypocritical bullshit. For decades, players and owners covered up things like drunk driving, drug abuse. spousal abuse and where were all the protests then? Did Kaepernick speak out and tell Cromartie he was shit for having 10 kids by 8 different women? NFL players are mostly spoiled and often misbehaved social miscreants. I give their opinion zero weight or consideration. The No Fun League can suck it.

Richdog, TheRealist, Frogleg and 6 others like this.
  9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Who brought politics into it?

10. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

go ahead, tell me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.