Was that Leonard Fournette down on one knee

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by N.C.Tiger, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

They have a right to free speech, no doubt. But they don't have a right to work for a particular company. I work for an oil company and they warn us that they monitor what we put out on social media, and they have a right to take action if it goes against the values of our company. Now imagine if they're doing that on the clock and in uniform? Of course they can be fired.

LSU_4_LIFE and Richdog like this.
  2. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

3. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

So, if you called someone, or many people sons of a bitch, you'd probably be fired right?? Lead by example right?? This shit went "full blown ass clown" as soon as he made that comment..

LSU_4_LIFE, StaceyO and GiantDuckFan like this.
  4. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

No. If i called people sons of bitches who popped a squat and disrespected our flag i'd probably be celebrated. Now, if i posted a pic of an American flag with a big turd on it i'd probably be in trouble. Definitely on the 'to-go' list. It's the values of my Company, not Hollywood. Now, if you worked in Hollywood, you could reverse all that. I'd be celebrated for the turd on the flag. Private companies can have their own particular values. And it's now evident what the NFL's are.
    But Trump was elected by the American people, Hammer.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  6. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

A lot of people here and elsewhere are taking the very strange leap from "kneeling while the anthem plays" all the way to "taking a shit on Old Glory."

That's weird.

Rex, ExoticGlass1, Brian and 2 others like this.
  7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

This whole thing is ego driven,.. it was started by Kaepernik, who I believe more than anything else, loves being the center of attention,.. now it's been picked up by President Trump, who obsessively craves/must be the center of attention.

Trump's serving this issue to his base supporters, because he knows they'll gobble it up,.. it has nothing to do with what's good for America,.. and he doesn't care that it's doing harm,.. he just wants to keep his base happy and keep the focus on himself.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    LSU_4_LIFE, el005639, Brian and 3 others like this.
  8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Acting presidential is only for overseas trips but petty is 24/7. Go work on health care and leave the weekend to us dammit

GiantDuckFan and Brian like this.
  9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

It's a total pissing match and most, at this point, have lost sight of much "altruistic" intent. Can we just watch football? I just want to see the Saints score more points than their opponent, that's all. Is that wrong of me?

LSU_4_LIFE, TheRealist, Brian and 2 others like this.
  10. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

no, it's not wrong of you,.. the world of sports is meant to be enjoyed, period,.. but now assholes are trying to pollute our sanctuary with outside bullshit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.