Ware, Mathieu, and Simon suspended

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 19, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The University has strict rules about student privacy and there are state and federal laws prohibiting them from releasing certain information. They don't make official comments about drug test failures. They say "broke team rules" and leave it at that.

If this drug text failure story source is the Reveille, there is going to be hell to pay for somebody.

2. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Well .... things have a way of working out. Look at the bright side, Ford may get back in the game. I know Ware is the workhorse, but Ford produces more yrds/carry.

Losing TH ... will hurt him more than the team. He's great, but I think we are more than talented in our secondary.

I'm not worried much at all. I still don't think the Barn can run the ball on our DFront ... and I don't think this rookie is going to be able to pass all over the field on our secondary either.

Furthermore ... I think our offense is more than capable of putting up points on the Barn. Auburn has given up an average of 28 points per game to talent worse than LSU. And .. Like I said, Ford and Blue, are no slouches in the running game. If you just want to "pound" their line, give it to Stampley .... and let him pound.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Matthieu can kiss any post-season honors goodbye including a shot at All-American.

4. southerntgr

southerntgr Veteran Member

you got to ask...What does this say about Miles? First many players break curfew, then the whole JJ thing, now this. Where is the discipline?

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no one asked you anything if i recall.

it says he has some stupid players (bc they got caught). not much more.

6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

The discipline is in the suspension. Les Miles can't be everywhere making sure our players stay out of trouble. He has consistently shown that he will punish players for being idiots and getting in trouble...it says more about the players than it does the coach.

1 person likes this.
  7. msully

msully Founding Member

it is against the law in Tn

here is the link Synthetic marijuana banned by Tennessee Legislature on NWTNTODAY.COM

8. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

no, because that is the mandatory minimum punishment as set by LSU's Athletic Dept. Miles can always give them a stricter punishment. So, for example this might be their first failed drug test, and Les decided to make an example of them by suspending them for one game (on top of having to get the mandatory counseling)

but yeah, that drug policy of LSU does seem to be right:

Alabama | MrSEC.com

9. southerntgr

southerntgr Veteran Member

God, I hope you are right!

10. HeadsUp

HeadsUp Veteran Member

If all the drug test stuff is true, probably so. And we can kiss goodbye to the little bit of love we were beginning to get after all the pre-season BS. Seven and zero, a shot at an SEC crown and a third crystal. No biggie, let's phuck around.