Ware, Mathieu, and Simon suspended

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 19, 2011.

1. wenkebach

wenkebach Founding Member

My question is: Who ordered the drug test ????

Did anyone make sure it wasn't Saban?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Saban probably sold them the pot.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I couldn't care less what fans of other schools think. What matters is what the kids we recruit and their families think. If they think Les runs an out-of-control program with players kicking heads and smoking pot every weekend, then our recruiting will suffer. If a locker room is that far beyond a HC's control, then performance will suffer. And at that point Les' future at LSU ultimately lives on borrowed time.

Bingo. #1 brings the big, hot spotlight.

If Les thinks a 1-game suspension against Auburn is sufficient, so be it. If he thinks they should be held out for Bama, too, then I support that decision also. IMO his track record to date has shown that he's earned our trust.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Luckily this Auburn team has an inexperienced QB, a guard they just lost for the season and 2 of their best WRs possibly out as well.

No passing juggernaut here. We actually would have been more affected by D-linemen getting suspended.

And we're like 8 running backs deep, so that's definitely not an issue and will get some great PT for Magee and Hilliard.

5. wenkebach

wenkebach Founding Member

Has it been announced that we're talking a "two game" suspension, or is this still just speculation?

6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

They keep saying it could "possibly further" or a "possible multiple game suspension". Right now it's announced that it is a 1 game suspension and let's hope it stays that way.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Very disappointing. That will drop you out of the heisman talk fast. You have to wonder if all the off the field distractions catch up with the team over time. Unbelievable talent on this years team, but where is the leadership?

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Depends on the test....LSU or NCAA test.

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Do we know for sure what they failed it for? I hear people saying pot. Has that been confirmed? I hope they learn from this. In the real world, you bust a drug test and you lose your job. In my line of work, you can't get your license back to handle radioactive materials until you go to 30 days of in house treatment.