Ware, Mathieu, and Simon suspended

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 19, 2011.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

THIS!!!

Now I have to get back to work

2. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

On the surface, you are correct. If they beat Auburn, and have all players back for Bama, this won't have much affect.
    The team will certainly take a national hit, not that it matters much. But what does this say about the team's commitment and chemistry moving forward?

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Let's hope it's just for this saturday's game...

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Why? Do they have an extensive history of troublemaking like Perrilloux did that I'm not aware of?

How about we all back down off the ledge before making Thug U comparisons?

5. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

This is not going to be a popular opinion but if the boys broke the rules they need to pay the price. Regardless of whether we agree with the rules, they are the rules. If it's more important to do your own thing than win championships then you should be freed up to do so. It doesn't matter to me if they are here for the Bama game. If their actions call for that long a suspension then so be it. I want a group of team players who are truly committed to something bigger. If they are guilty of these actions then they have let their team down and they should have their tail ends benched for as long as is appropriate. I like that Miles has proven again that he is not afraid to suspend players before big games unlike some coaches who are no longer working in CFB. I'm not afraid of going to Tuscaloosa without these guys. I would rather lose with honor than win without it.

I hope that the rest of this team heeds the wake up call. If more heads need to roll, so be it. I am tired enough of this behavior. Between what happened this summer and what is happening now, Tiger Nation should be fed up. This is LSU, it is not Miami.

6. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

[​IMG]

Do you think they had to sign a pledge?

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

You seem like you know what you're talking about and I've heard similar statements in the past but that just raises more questions for me.

Wouldn't that be a recruiting advantage? For example, Petrino & Miles are both recruiting a big time RB. Petrino tells the recruit, "We will never suspend or discipline you for failing a drug test like LSU will. As long as it doesn't affect your performance, what you do on your own time that doesn't get you arrested or in the papers is your own business."

What about steroids and other PEDs? Are athletes in college being tested? If not, NFL teams may draft players they think will excel at the next level but are actually going to regress.

8. tigerleg24

tigerleg24 Founding Member

I would love to have been a fly on the wall in Miles' office when was talking to them.

9. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Uh, not really...

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What's interesting to me is how we were all so quick to crucify Jordan Jefferson, and not these guys. I mean I know why, but it still is interesting. I think the chemistry will be fine, the whole team probably smokes weed, just these 3 forgot to take the total eclipse, or wear their whizinator.