Wade suspended

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

wade has addressed this and i am buying his arguments for the msot part. i will paraphrase him and add my agreements:

the game is different now. dont see much back to the basket post play. very few stars are big men. most dominant players are long athletic guys like kawhi or trendon watford.

auburn went to the final four and they were shorter than LSU. houston rockets are small and awesome. golden state played 6'7 draymond at center and they are exactly where the league is heading.

its all about driven layups and 3s now. you always seem teams clear the floor, put both forwards at the baseline 3 edge of the court, and drive. they open it up. hit the baseline guy for the shortest 3 on the court. game is speeding up.

last year ark's daniel gafford, a proper post player, ate LSU's lunch, they couldnt do anything to stop him. that will still happen i guess. but there are not many big guys like gafford, who is now a chicago bull.

also days and williams are strong bros with big shoulders that can board. rebounds are about effort and strenght as much as height. legenddary board men like barkley and rodman know this.

so yeah they need a KBW rim protector, kinda. but maybe not. they will be playing a hyper style like smart had at VCU and there wont be time for banging in the paint.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

additionally i would argue that they lack extreme height, but are pretty tall on average height. bunch of big guards like manning and taylor and hyatt. and taylor plays like he is gigantic with his world class leaping. and i watched hilights of manning, who at 6'5 is a ferocious dunker as well.

spread the floor, long shots, long rebounds, big guards grabbing boards and putting back layups. i have talked myself out of caring about needing big guys

watson1880 likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm not worried about height on offense but KBW and Naz were pretty intimidating to opponents trying to take it inside.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

great interview with wade this morning. he says charles manning was the best player on the spain trip, and that watford plays all 5 positions.

watson1880 and kcal like this.
  6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I read a bit about that interview and the consensus was cww was really excited over manning and watford. I like where wade is going.

Jmg likes this.
  7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

apologies for my lack of reading comprehension in basically quoting your post and not giving you credit

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I would have bet the farm that he was gone and am glad he’s not

good things ahead

Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  10. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

The boy wants nothing less.