Wade suspended

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i looked this guy up. he doent seem that great. he was and is again the teammate of charles manning. but manning was a highly touted juco guy. this thomas fella seems like filler.

setting picks, grab a rebound, thats all i see this guy doing. which isnt to say those things are not necessary, just that this guy isnt exactly kawhi

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well Kawhi isn't a center so...

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If he can D up and wipe the glazd like Bigby-Williams he will be a grest addition.

He didn't average much in the scoring and rebounding game for play again juco opponents though.

HoopHound likes this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

KBW was a massively underrated player. i used to look up kooky advanced efficiency metrics and he was shockingly good at whatever they were measuring. he didnt make mistakes. he just grabbed boards and kept quiet.

i cant imagine this guy is near the player of KBW, but good luck to him. i know wade has the energy to shout at him until he works perfectly within the system.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Based on the hilite reel I saw, he doesn't look very athletic to me.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

agreed. looks like a guy who can run ok, not jump much.

if you put a smart pick in place, you will free up emmit williams to smash the universe with a tomahawk dunk. or free up space for marlon taylor to grab an alley-oop, or one of the shooters hyatt/manning/bishop/days to bury a triple.

last year LSU was kind of weak shooting 3s. i think this year they will run and bomb triples a lot more. i dont think they will do any back to the basket work inside. like zero. so i think the gent here will be a full time pick-setter

the other bigs are either skinny like a baby giraffe (cooper) or too busy scoring (watford) to set picks and board

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

LSU basketball coach Will Wade picked up a commitment Monday who will add height to a roster that lost big men Naz Reid and Kavell Bigby-Williams from its Southeastern Conference championship team.

Wade said a week ago that he was still searching for another big man and he got one in 6-foot-9 center DeShawn Thomas, who announced on his Instagram account he is Baton Rouge-bound.

A source confirmed that Thomas committed to Wade's program, but it's not yet known if he will accompany the team on its 10-day tour of Spain that begins next week.

kcal likes this.
  9. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

Or Will Wade's okd VCU team in the first year of First Four. 12 and higher are generally autobids from shit confrences. Adding a couple 11s lets fhey sneak a few ok teams that got hot in and improves the drama. That VCU team went to tge Final Four.
    That said its not worked that well since but its a valid why.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

n'faly dante signed with oregon