Wade Reinstated

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Apr 14, 2019.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

just the optics alone would force LSU to part ways one would think from an institutional perspective.

it’s unfortunate at best but LSU will part ways with him. it doesn’t make sense to reinstate him just to term him but I think that will be the outcome.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Then what's to be gained by reinstating him? This would make LSU the laughing stock of the athletic nation.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If they had fired him when the story broke it would have been without any proof of wrongdoing and Wade would have good legal standing to sue for his contract to be paid. Now, if wrongdoing is proven they can legally fire him for cause and owe him nothing.

GiantDuckFan and LSUTiga like this.
  4. COTiger

I'm not a lawyer therefore I don't know what the buyout provisions of Wade's contract are. But if Alleva is dumb enough to reinstate him without reasonable assurances that he is going to be around for a while then he is dumber than I thought.

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

only thing I can think is this: go back and read the statement by LSU...it just says wade denied any wrongdoing and in the absence of evidence so far we give you your job back temporarily until the fbi turns over whatever they have to the ncaa.

that’s my interpretation

you didn’t read LSU saying they were glad he was cleared, exonerated, etc.

I think they have to be satisfying some legal interpretation/ requirement. nothing else makes sense. why reinstate on wade’s say so without any questions fully satisfied? that couldn’t have happened to the extent that would satisfy the ncaa in 1 meeting I think. throw in the olol thing and I’d think LSU would be extra cautious in the perception arena.

I could be totally wrong and naturally hope that’s so but in taking off my purple and gold glasses that’s what I think today

then again i guess that’s why I’m pitching my theory here instead in front of a jury

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

The latter, most assuredly.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. COTiger

Do we know for a fact that the FBI was investigating Wade?

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Not technically but it's PR game . They would have shit canned him if they had the balls but the outcry has been extensive. I think alleva has made their stance clear with his underhanded comments. He's speaking for fking. Every instinct both of these 2 have have proven to be detrimental to LSU. This sounds temporary and once the fed trial ends someone has to go. That's how it feels anyhow. Im sticking with richard lipsey and the money players wanting alleva out. Turns out wade is more important than alleva I think is how it adds up.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I "think" they are investigating the other two clowns. Wade was "supposed " to testify against them but now i read the feds aren't sure they will even call him as a witness.

Is that because he is going to be charged or is he asking for an immunity deal? Who knows?

I would think that any dirt he might have on the bag men would surely somehow implicate himself as well. Unless i have this all wrong which is likely

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Wade was never under investigation. That's the kicker in this shit show.

TheRealist, furduknfish and LSUTiga like this.