Wade may never coach again in college

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Mar 13, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I've made it known that I thought WW was not a good coach, but he has no one to blame except himself. Let's forget about wins, losses and recruiting for this discussion. What ultimately got WW fired was his smug attitude during this entire process. Instead of taking the high road in the beginning, he refused to be meet with his bosses and that was the beginning of the end. During his press conference earlier this week, he said he couldn't comment on the situation but then added, with a smirk on his face, that he will have a lot to say when it's all over. WW's biggest problem is he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and that came back to bite him. Instead of showing some type of remorse or some type of professionalism, fake or not, WW basically gave the middle finger to his bosses and the NCAA. His actions played a huge role in his firing!

The sad part about it is I still don't think he understands the seriousness of the allegations. Those are some very serious allegations and how he handles himself in the upcoming weeks and months will determine if he ever coaches in college again, even as an assistant. Forget about wins, losses and recruiting, WW better humble himself real quick or his college coaching career is over. Right now there isn't one D1 school that would touch him because he's damaged goods. As Americans, however, we love a comeback story and WW has total control how his story will end. If he continues his smug/cocky attitude, he will quietly slip into oblivion, never to be heard again. If he decides to show some remorse and learn from his past mistakes, I could see him eventually returning as a D1 HC in a few years. As for now, WW just needs to STFU and do some serious self reflection if he wants to return to the sidelines. If WW decides to talk and retaliate against LSU and the NCAA, his coaching career is over!

2. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

You make some good points and I am not really disagreeing with you. But I am so cynical about college sports these days that I am far from certain about WW's future. The way he refused to cooperate was clearly an act of self preservation but will not endear himself to future employers.

However, with all the NIL opportunities to 'pay' a player I figure some other college will want to tap into WW's skills in this area.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

none of that is true. he didnt get fired for being smug, he got fired because some dumbfucks in the federal govt tapped his phone, which should be unconstitutional. he paid players, just like every other coach does and should. its nothing to with his attitude or anything he did wrong. he did nothing wrong, acted exactly like everyone else.

he happened to get his phone tapped and the NCAA was humiliated. the NCAA doesnt care about the well being of its athletes, they only care about keeping their jobs and money, so they were out to get wade for humiliating them, which he didnt even intend to do. nobody should have ever violated his privacy in the first place.

also there is a 100% chance wade will coach again at the college level, and it will happen the moment he is available to do so. the only thing that could keep in out of college coaching is big money in the NBA, but i think he would prefer college, because he likes being a mentor, and he is a great one.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Unfortunately we seem to be in an era where too many think the ends justifies the means and that if everyone else does it, it’s okay for me to do it as well. We have proof others “do it” remember Chuck Pearson and many others? Yes the NCAA is a flawed organization.
    However that doesn’t make it right or justify what Wade did. He got caught and will pay a big price. LSU allowed it to happen and likewise should pay a price.
    There are ethical rules and laws I must follow in my work. If I break them I’ll likely get fired as it should be. Wade was educated about what was permissible and what wasn’t. He took a short cut. It should be a lesson for people.

BornOnTheBayou likes this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its not just that everyone else does it, its that it is a good thing in of itself to pay players for their labor. they deserve it. every coach does it, and they should. ignoring unjust rules is noble, and there will be a risk of getting fired, but the brave man takes risks to do the right thing.

its not the NCAA bureaucrats in the weight room at 6 am. dragging tires up the levee. running the steps in tiger stadium. its hard work that requires serious discipline. and it earns a 14 billion dollar contract just for the tournament. who should get that cash if not the guy workin for it? wade knows who deserves it and he gave it to them.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

if those rules told you not to pay poor young black men for their work then your breaking them is not unethical. if you think its unethical to pay players then i am not sure how you can enjoy college sports at all.

7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Agreed. We live in a rule/law based society that functions best when all do their part. We may not like or agree with the rules/laws, but there are mechanisms for society to make changes. There will always be those who are non-compliant. They usually justify their actions with a “ well everybody does it” statement.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the rules of college sports are very poorly correlated with actual morality. if you do what the NCAA tells you, you end up being kind of an asshole.

its not that everyone does it that makes it right. its that its right. if rosa parks inspired others to sit wherever they want on the bus, its not that they are right because rosa parks is also doing it, but because its right, inherently.

pay the person that earns the money. pay the person who is doing the labor. even if they are a poor minority.

if the rules say take the money away from those that earned it, then disobeying rules is right.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

yes, disobeying is a key to that. and thats exactly how we are fixing the system. because people paid players anyways, the NCAA made it legal. civil disobedience is not unethical.

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I was riding with wade until all of this became public… the blackmail payments to the player’s girl friend??
    dang….

Winston1 likes this.