News Voter ID Requirement

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Nov 2, 2014.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

LaRaza is akin to the tea party or any other far far right groups, every hispanic isnt part of La Raza. Also they arent the only minority this hurts.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Is every constitutionalist a Tea Party advocate? Why do Dem leaders and the media portray that? That's what I mean. If the Republicans are limiting votes for their own agenda, the Dems are encouraging potential illegal voting to further their own agenda. There aren't any Republican La Raza m

3. LSUMASTERMIND

i never said a word about a constitutionalist. Im talking about the groups persona as a whole. La Raza wasnt a good example.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I think they are a great example of how illegal immigration is very much a part of this issue. CA has a massive problem. I see it and live it every day. La Raza is an organization that Hispanic illegals look to for info whether they belong or not.....millions of illegals. Tweeting where to go for no ID is political and every bit a part of this discussion.

If you want to hold one party responsible for motivations, then make sure you do so with the other.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

If voter fraud was an issue, I might be inclined to understand the need for producing an ID to vote. However, it's not an issue. There are very few documented examples of voter fraud. Take those documented examples and multiply it times 10,000 and there still isn't enough evidence to warrant it. Republicans claim to be for smaller government, so I can't understand their insistence for implementing this policy, especially when there has not been a need demonstrated for it. It seems to fly into the face of what they claim to stand for.

Let's not play dumb, though. We all know it's about limiting votes for democrats. Just like gerrymandering districts, it's their way of gaining political strength elected because their message alone isn't getting ti done. That should tell you something right there. Just tells us what you stand for and the let merits of your values do the talking. Then allow voters to decide for themselves. If you're worthy of the vote, you'll get it.

Instead they attempt to circumvent the Constitution, all the while claiming to stand up for it.

red55 likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

There are about as many examples of voter fraud as there is of limiting people of voting.

Both sides need to understand this.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

This wasn't an issue for me for voting but it could have been. In 2009 I renewed my Louisiana drivers license online rather than go to the DMV. They mailed me a sticker with the new expiration date of 2013 which I put on my license on the back where they said to put it. On the front of the license it still showed the 2009 expriration date. After a couple of years the printing on the sticker faded to the point where you couldn't tell what the expiration date was.

For most of 2011 and 2012 I was on the road with a job. Whenever I made a sale if the buyer paid by check I was supposed to go to a branch of the bank the check was written on and use it to buy a cashier's check. I would show the teller the back of the license and explain what happened and some tellers would go ahead and do it but other banks refused to honor my license because it looked expired to them. What I think is what difference should it make if a license is expired or not when used for identification purposes? Even if my license had really been expired it still proved that I am who I say I am.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  8. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

http://ballotpedia.org/State_by_State_Voter_ID_Laws

Each state has their own, individual laws though there seems to be some unanimity among them for the forms of ID we most often think of: valid drivers license, military id, state issued id, us passport or student id. Here is a link that spells it out in gross detail state by state if you are interested but the Texas thing is true.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The thing about a student ID is that a foreign student can legitimately hold a student ID identifying him as a student but not a voter. But if a student is registered to vote then a student ID should be acceptable as long as the name on the ID is the same as the name on the voter roll

10. LSUMASTERMIND

exactly, you cant just show up with an student id and expect to vote.