Vols

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Nov 26, 2017.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I didn’t see his interview or read the comments fully, but I have no problem with the quote shared here. In my mind, if you’re trying to pick up the pieces of this shitshow, and you yourself have won a NC, you need to demonstrate confidence and positivity, and toot your own horn a bit. No problem with that at all. Would have done the same. I think arrogance and delusional thinking are very different than what he is saying.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Really it's just words that any new AD might say in that situation. Not sure if Fulmer even believes what he says but his job is to say stuff like that even though few are convinced he can do it.

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I get the biz-speak, but I think hes drinking his own koolaid. Case in point, his level of involvement behind the scenes before he assumed crown. The torpedoing of the Leach hire is yet another.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

One of my customers was an academic All American for Tulane when Payton Manning was in high school. They were working out in the weight room along with several pros from New Orleans. One was Aneas Williams. Payton came in the locker room, turned off the radio and turned on the TV. my friend, Steve Shuler got up, turned off the TV and put the radio back on. Payton got up, said, "Do you know who I am"? and turned the TV back on. They jumped him and hog tied him to bring him out by the girls dorm, pulled his shorts down and left him there.

A Tulane coach walked by and untied him. Next thing you know, Archie shows up and demands to know who did it. Steve said he did. Archie raised holy hell and Aneas Williams got up and told Archie to stand down...And that it was their locker room.

Archie shut up and left. He's a bum too.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And they always talk about what a classy family the Mannings are. What about Eli? I don't know but somehow I have a feeling that he is a better person than his brother.

lsu-i-like and stevescookin like this.
  6. stevescookin

That's what I hear...

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Anybody remember the game where is LSU beat Ole Miss they would go to the Orange Bowl? Archie played with his broken arm in a cast, we won 61-17 and the fans made it rain oranges in Tiger Stadium. I wish I had been there with a sack of oranges.

ROY_LA_CA and Winston1 like this.
  8. stevescookin

That was in Jackson...they year after we cheated 'em with Bert Jones to Brad Davis.

9. stevescookin

I was at the Orange game. I was pouring down that night in BR.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

BJ to BD was in 72. I thought the orange game was 70 or 71.