Viva La Resistance!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Frogleg, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Watching returns on election night on Fox, it was truly bizarre watching their shenanigans. Apparently, many other viewers felt the same. From wildly calling AZ early, to not calling long, long done FL, OH, TX, etc...evidently to never let Trump get ahead in the count was crazy.

Anyway, it's obvious that much of social media is censored - following a certain narrative, and evidently much of the news media, including Fox News, follows that narrative as well. (Opinion shows like Tucker, etc...notwithstanding)

Like many other American's i want uncensored information - i can think and decide for myself thank you very much.

Anyway, here's a thread where we can exchange info on where we might go for uncensored info:

Twitter alternative - Parler - seems ok. You'll definitely get stuff that is censored on Twitter....but of course it's user base is much smaller and you won't find as many as those cool dog driving a truck short video clips, etc...But it's growing rapidly

YouTube/Instagram/TicToc alternative - just started using Rumble. I like it so far. Same deal as Parler - otherwise censored info will be there, but smaller user base and super polished features not quite there yet.

Switched to Newsmax for TV news...they seem okay. Small, a little rough, but growing. I hop around a lot for news as well online - BBC, Reason.com, etc...

Now, to get away from Google. Haven't really looked at that yet.

Capture.JPG

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'll have to check some of those out. When I tried to open a Parler account zoom kept getting error messages until I gave up. I never heard of Rumble. Might be useful for marketing to a specific defined userbase with a generally more affluent demographic

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I joined Parler a couple of months ago, and from what I'm hearing, they're just overloaded with new member requests right now.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Was 2 or 3 months ago when I tried to join

5. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Great. I can't wait for the QAnon groupthink conspiracies y'all are going to be spewing over here.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Are you not capable of filtering free-speech in a way that it needs to be spoon fed to you via CNN, MSNBC, Twitter, et al.?

7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

lol,.. another fun thread, these might last for years

tzanghi likes this.
  8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Being that I am not on Twitter or go to those sites, I am capable and don't need people to make up stuff and call it free speech.
    I do read CNN sometimes. You have to read what people you disagree with say.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Who has posted anything from Q here? What are Q's beliefs? The only time "Q" is mentioned are in strawmen attacks.....

Perple likes this.
  10. Perple

Perple Founding Member

unclenick, shane0911 and LSUpride123 like this.