Visiting Gamecock fan needs help

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jeremy Harley, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Jeremy Harley

Jeremy Harley Freshman

Hey, everyone. As you can see, I am a Gamecock fan and I am planning to visit Baton Rouge for the game next weekend. I am extremely excited to experience an LSU game day and was just looking for any advice on where to go, what to do, what to eat, what to drink- basically everything... the tentative plan is to tailgate all day before the game, but if there's anything else I should also do, please let me know. I plan on spending Friday in New Orleans and then coming to Baton Rouge Saturday morning and spending the night. I know that there's always those certain places, traditions, experiences that are considered a must-have. So, what do you guys recommend? And what is the tailgating layout, set up, best spots, easiest spots etc... thanks in advance.

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Jeremy, I don't have time to reply tonight, but will make sure you get your info. This is a pretty common question and we need to put together a page addressing it. If you will search for "tailgating" and such, you should find pretty much all the info you need. However, when I get some time this weekend, I will see what I can put together for you and others (if someone doesn't beat me to it). Glad you are coming. You are going to have a blast!

HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Bring an empty stomach and a good tolerance for alcohol. We'll provide the rest. :cool:

HalloweenRun likes this.
  4. Jeremy Harley

Jeremy Harley Freshman

I like the sound of that. Where will I find you?!

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

6. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Everywhere.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  7. Jeremy Harley

Jeremy Harley Freshman

Well, you guys seem pretty hospitable. I have heard that LSU fans will throw ziploc bags of urine onto opposing fans. I have personally chosen not to even worry about this because I cannot even wrap my head around this being something that people actually do at a public sporting event. Do I need to be concerned about any atrocities being committed towards me?

8. leroy7500

leroy7500 Founding Member

You wont have any problems...maybe a hangover the next day. You'll get some "tiger baits" thrown your way- then prob. an invite to some of the best food and drink you have
    ever had in your life! Really don't know about all these rumors. My experience as I have walked into the stadium was more opposing fans being treated as guests.
    I find our fans to be extremely hospitable.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Urban legend, bro. Every fan base has their share of idiots and we're certainly no exception, but no one throws bags of piss. As leroy said, you'll get a ton of people yelling 'Tiger Bait', but for the most part, it's all good natured. If you're an outgoing person and it sounds like you are, then you'll probably get invited to a tailgate. Maybe someone on this board will invite you to their. Unfortunately, I won't be at the game.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I've never piss bags thrown and have never heard anyone say they've thrown any. I'm guessing some asshole did it once and it spread as something that happens regularly.

Kinda like the Auburn idiots and the corndog thing. They don't even sell them at the stadium. You'll smell jambalaya and all kind of other good shyt cooking though. You're going to be in for a treat and you'll want to come back next time.

Hope you have fun.