virginia tech Hokies

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Unregistered, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

By the way, I can't wait to visit your campus. I'm sure we'll have a great time. Personally, I'll have a much better time if LSU wins!

2. HokieSwede

HokieSwede Freshman

I'm very proud of our beautiful campus. Where are you going to be staying while in Blacksburg?

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hell, I don't even know. The boss (read: wife) takes care of that part. We usually stay at Holiday Inn (freq. flier miles), but I don't know yet. My job was to get the tickets to the game.

4. JBHokie

JBHokie Freshman

You guys do have some good fans from everything I can tell. Kind of South Carolina-like in your dedication through the hard times, the polar opposite of Miami who can barely sell out even when on the edge of a NC. What Hokies don't have in quantity we more than make up for in quality. What hinders us in terms of having the huge 90k+ stadium is pretty simple, the town of BBG is about 50k, and VT is 1/2 of that 50k. Its a little easier for teams like yours or say UT's to fill huge stadiums when you live in much more densely populated areas.
    And you should still be worried.

5. HokieSwede

HokieSwede Freshman

Might want to make sure she's got that taken care of, and slap her around a bit if she hasn't already. Blacksburg is anything but a big city, and hotel rooms are very limited. You don't want to have to stay two hours away and make that trip to the hotel after drinking bourbon in the sun all afternoon! ;)

6. JBHokie

JBHokie Freshman

Absolutely. BBG is a great place, but its small and has a hard time absorbing all of the game day business. Hotels and restaurants can be a bi&%h. I would make sure you have your arrangements straight asap, otherwise like Swede said, you will be "eye patching" your way 2hrs back to your hotel room.

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I'll worry about other things. Like wether our offensive line will stay healthy (lack of depth). Or if our quarterback is as good as the critics are saying. Sure, he played well against Tennessee, but they weren't prepared for him. Will our secondary show the improvement that the coaches are expecting? Will our running back, Toefield, be fully recovered from the knee injury?

That's what I'm worried about.

8. JBHokie

JBHokie Freshman

What is the deal with your QB? What is his game like? Who would you compare him to?

9. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

I

I personally am very worried about LSU going to blacksburg for their first game. I think LSU is the better team, but with a new quarterback going to VT for the first game, I think VT will win.

My brother goes to VT and he said that the feeling on campus is the VT could lose to LSU, Marshall, and Miami.

10. JBHokie

JBHokie Freshman

Oats,
    That is not the feeling on campus as far as I can tell, but I will say that there is more uncertainty surrounding VT football than there has been in a long time. It is going to be very interesting to see how it plays out, we will be good, but how good is the question. I for one feel that our performance against you guys will set the tone for the year.