virginia tech Hokies

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Unregistered, Aug 12, 2002.

1. JBHokie

JBHokie Freshman

While I don't think it will be a blow-out, I do think LSU can and will win the game. That's just because I know how loaded this team is. I think ya'll still have too young a defense to handle a LOADED LSU offense and I know our D is capable of handling anything VaTech has to offer offensively.

Well, its good to know that you respect our program and fans, but the reports of the demise of our defense have been greatly exaggerated. A little young to be sure, but as the cliche goes, we don't rebuild our defense, we reload it. The big questions are at DT and LB, those questions are being answered and then some. The rest of the D is as good as any in the nation. So we will see how that goes I think we have some surprises up our sleeve.
    A correction, you don't know your D is capable of handling our O, you THINK it is. We've got the best backfield in the nation and a big, athletic O-line to back it up. The QB situation seems to be settling down, although you guys can't really be sure who to prepare for, and as our QB's are so differnet in style and ability that may cause you some problems.
    Are you guys worried at all that your first game is an away game at Lane? That we have a warm up game and you do not?

2. VaBeachHokie

VaBeachHokie Guest

Good post Saint

I love to chat with folks like you who know the game and respect the other teams. Makes for an interesting conversation.

My post was mainly directed at the few fans who have no clue what they are talking about. The posters who have ventured over to our message board (techsideline.com) have been pretty well informed and very friendly, save one or two who must have been the village idiot who got loose. I promise not to hold them against you.

And Swede, WVA fans have nothing on the crack that the UVA fans must be smoking. Their team is a complete joke. (For you LSU people who don't know what I am talking about, go over to thesaber.com and read a couple posts on their message board). They are way too confident for a team who will most likely go 3-9 this season. But as for our in conference opponents, I agree with you, WVU fans are the next worst bunch.

3. HokieSwede

HokieSwede Freshman

Re: Good post Saint

I purposely omitted UVa. They're football team would get handled by most good high school teams. For me to truly hate a team, they must exhibit at least some level of decency.

4. JBHokie

JBHokie Freshman

VaBeach I Stand Corrected

UVA fans are in a class all their own. But to speak to the Swede's comments, I forgot them cause you have to have a football team worth considering (and your STAR recruits actually have to get on the field and out of JuCo).

5. HokieSwede

HokieSwede Freshman

Our undergrad population is almost exactly twice the size of theirs.

6. JBHokie

JBHokie Freshman

I thnk they are around 16-17, we are around 24-25. Something like that, around 2/3 the size.
    Since you really don't have much competition inside the state, who does LSU consider its biggest rival?

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Of course we don't sound worried about playing at your stadium. We only worry when you have at least 90,000 in the stadium.

8. HokieSwede

HokieSwede Freshman

It's not the fans in the stadium that are going to behead your receivers when they try to come across the middle.....

9. JBHokie

JBHokie Freshman

Unregistered,
    If you are not worried, you might want to think about it. To think that you can win, fine, every fan in this type of game thinks their team can win. But to not be worried at all because the stadium isn't 90k+ shows me that...well that you are about as bright as a guy that can't figure out how to register on a message board.;)

10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

LOL.......... I know, I know. Take personal shots at me. Seriously, though, LSU has a pretty good team now. So, no, we aren't worried about going to your stadium to play the game. If LSU loses, it's not going to be the stadium.

My comment was a little jab. LSU sucked a few years ago. Beginning in 1989 we had 6 consecutive years of losing seasons. We had 2 decent years and then we sucked again. Durint that span, we still averaged over 70,000 in attendance at home games..........not bad.

Now, theoretically, LSU will put a decent team on the field. I think we'll be more worried about the players on the other side of the ball than about the stadium.