Crime Vigilante Justice

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Aug 19, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Nonsense. Sober people also hit cars. Drunk people also get home safely. What happened to your cause and effect? Pick up a dictionary, amigo. Look up accident. It doesn't absolve the driver of any guilt. It just means that it was unintentional. What is the problem that you can't understand this? By definition, accidents implies an event that might have been prevented. It only means that it was not a willful act.

An accident is an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance, often with lack of intention or necessity. It usually implies a generally negative outcome which might have been avoided or prevented had circumstances leading up to the accident been recognized, and acted upon, prior to its occurrence.​

No, that is an irresponsible idiot having an accident.

I have never excused his actions. Can you read? I am criticizing the fool who murdered him. You keep trying to find some sympathy for him.

LSUsupaFan likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Only a trial to prove it.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Uh, why was Doucet in that airport that day, hmm let me see, I know its around here somewhere...

Oh thats right, BECAUSE HE WAS FUCKING EXTRADITED FOR HAVING TAKEN THE BOY ACROSS STATE LINES!!!

WTF amigo quit being obtuse.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The question nobody has mentioned is how did Banjeras know that Banda was drunk? Was it obvious? Even if somebody appears intoxicated it could be a reaction to prescription medications or something like that. I'm sure Banjeras didn't administer a field intoxication test. We only know for sure that Banda was legally intoxicated because of the autopsy.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I was going to mention it...and yet I'm not sure how that changes the situation. The only thing it might change is to pin pre-meditation on Barajas. In other words, drunk or not, Barajas was going to kill Banda. But you are correct, no way for him to know at the moment whether he was intoxicated unless he smelled alcohol or saw booze bottles, etc.

6. shane0911

Unless it was painfully obvious, not excusing the actions of Barajas but it isn't hard to tell if someone is drunk or not. Yes I know, diabetic coma can give off the same type of symptoms but drunk is drunk and it is easy to see.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It could have made a difference in Barajas's mind as to whether he thought of it as a tragic accident or he blamed Banda because of his state of intoxication.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Speaking from personal experience it can be hard for even a cop to tell if someone is drunk or not. I have been stopped before a couple of times when I had had too much to drink. The adrenaline rush I get when I see the red lights in my rear view mirror is enough to be able to speak to the cop rationally and no word slurring whatsoever and to invent a plausible reason for whatever I was being stopped for.

9. shane0911

Right, then you weren't "drunk" I'm sure a lot of us have stopped off at happy hour after work and knocked back a few pops before going home. Legally, if tested many of us would be close to or over the limit. I'm talking about DRUNK. I was watching cops earlier and they pulled this kid over and he damn near fell out of his truck when he opened the door. Buzzed driving is drunk driving but buzzed is not drunk.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Lol @red. So because some drive drunk and make it home it's somehow less of a crime??? What happened to respecting laws??