Crime Vigilante Justice

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Aug 19, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

There is a guy in sLeesville who got locked up recently because another person said that this guy was trying to purchase a child for sexual reasons. The guy's computer and phone were seized. No evidence has been found yet of him being a child molester. It was also said that this guy ran for some public office recently, no criminal history. Hmmmmmm. This is the type of shit that makes people wonder. Now if they find evidence then a perv is off the streets, but if they don't how can they lock this guy up for what some other person says. And the statement about him running for office in Louisiana makes me speculate.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Respect the law.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You are completely wrong. These alleged facts were not evidence until presented to a jury. Doucet never got a chance to challenge these allegations.

These are incriminating circumstances but not proof of a crime until proven in court. Phony "facts" are alleged all the time. If Doucet was a convicted pedophile and there is public record of it, I haven't seen it and I searched for it. Got a link? Or did you just assume that. Do you seriously believe that because Doucet was arrested in California, that this proves he molested the boy? The evidence has to be proved in court or it is just an allegation. The boy wasn't killed, he could testify. If guilty, Doucet wasn't going to get away with it.

Guilty of manslaughter. Fact. He didn't even contest it.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

So you have no problem with a state executing an innocent man?

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Come on Red, so if it doesn't get to jury it didn't happen

You didn't search very hard for it then

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8486252/a-father-justice

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Sarcasm [ON] OFF.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In almost every case I would agree that people shouldn't take the law into their own hands. I wouldn't have done what Barajas did. I might have given him the worst ass whipping of his life but I wouldn't have shot him. I might have done the same thing as Gary Plauche. It wouldn't make it right but I can certainly understand why he did it. His motive might have been revenge but in effect he may have prevented who knows how many other young boys from being molested. Who knows how long Doucet would have been in prison but he would have gotten out too soon.

There are some cases that cry out for vigilante justice if there is anybody with the motivation to do it.
    I saw some info about a case that was just as horrifying to me today as it was 36 years ago. In 1978 a 15 year old runaway from Las Vegas named Mary Vincent was hitchhikng in California. She was pick up by a scumbag named Larry Singleton. Singleton drove to a secluded spot off the highway where he beat and raped the girl. Then he chopped off both of her arms below the elbow with a hatchet. Then he threw her down a 30 foot ravine and left her there to die.

By some miracle Mary was able to climb out of the ravine and naked and bleeding from both stumps walk to the highway where a passing motorist took her to the hospital and she survived. She was fitted with prosthetic arms and testified at Singleton's trial. At the trial as Mary left the witness stand Singleton swore he would kill her. He was convicted but the judge only sentenced him to 14 years.

The case became even more notorious after this piece of subhuman vomit was granted parole after only 8 years. He was paroled to Contra Costa County but no town would accept him so he did his parole living in a trailer on the grounds of San Quentin until his parole ended one year later.

Singleton returned to his native Florida after his release. In 1990 he was twice convicted of theft. He served a 60-day sentence for stealing a $10 disposable camera in spring 1990, and in the winter received a two-year prison term for stealing a $3 hat. Before his sentencing for the latter crime, he described himself to the judge as "a confused, muddleheaded old man".

In the spring of 1997, a neighbor called police and reported seeing 69-year old Singleton strangling a nude woman in his house. When police arrived, they found Singleton drunk with his shirt open and blood smeared over his chest. Inside, police found the nude, bloody corpse of Roxanne Hayes; she had been stabbed seven times in the face and chest. Hayes was a mother of three and worked as prostitute.

Mary Vincent flew to Tampa to testify during the sentencing phase of Singleton's murder trial. During her testimony, she told the court of Singleton's 1978 attack and the physical and emotional toll it took on her. The judge sentenced Singleton to death. Three years later, Singleton died of cancer while still on death row in a prison hospital at the North Florida Reception Center in Starke, Florida.

If Mary Vincent had been my daughter I would have tracked Singleton down even after prison and made him die very very slowly. What would you do?

LSUpride123 and shane0911 like this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly @Bengal B there was another story just a few years ago about a father in Tx that CAUGHT a guy raping his daughter. Of course he beat him to death and why not? Yet there are some here that will try to tell you that in that scenario "there needs to be a trial to determine if there was evidence of a rape" mother phucker please! It makes my stomach turn to hear "we don't know if Doucet was a pedophile" really? Or "just because they apprehended him in California" yeah why not finish it out, WITH THE BOY!!!!! @red55 wants to play some high and mighty and try to skirt the truth because it was never given as testimony in a god damned trial. Thats bullshit. He was in California, in a hotel room, with the plauche boy and we know that to be FACT red, not because I think so, because that is where the police found the both of them. Jesus H Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder are shaking their damn heads at you right now.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

What?? You asked since when innocent people get locked up waiting trial. I was referencing bail. Have you never heard of having to be bailed out? Do you know what happens if someone can't afford bail? Or when there is no bail?