Vick Accepts Plea Deal

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Aug 20, 2007.

1. clair

clair Rockets

he doesn't deserve a lifetime ban from the NFL.

If the dude who stomped on the face of the cowboy linemen, which should have warrented an assault charge, only got 4-5 games, then vick should only lose 1 season.

1 person likes this.
  2. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you, I hope you are wrong though in him being punished.

I am really hoping that this judge will give him a hard sentance.

1 person likes this.
  3. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Vich deserves more than one season.

He helped kill dogs, which are supposed to be mans best friend.

He is a scumbag.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Are you serious? There will be dogfights all across this country this weekend. It happens much more than anyone wants to admit. Dogfighting rings have been broken up in the past, but you don't hear and see those people facing such serious charges and prison time.

If anything, Vick's celebrity status hurt him in this case. He is getting much worse than the average person involved in dogfighting in the past. They are making an example out of him in this case. Maybe it's the right thing to do and about time they crack down on dogfighting, but don't think for a minute he is getting off easy.

5. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Probably right. The more interesting thing to me is waiting to see which team will take a chance on dogboy. Time will probably ease the public outcry somewhat but not altogether. Whoever gives him his chance better have a good PR bunch.

6. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Are you kidding me? Do you own a dog? I couldn't imagine doing anything even close to that to ANY dog, much less my own.

7. clair

clair Rockets

i do own a dog. and yeah, this is a brutal thing.

but some people just don't think that way.

i, personally think killing a deer is something i wouldn't be able to do, but i'm sure hundreds of you here have already done that.

it's all up to that person's heart.

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I think that's a fair distinction, as we're not talking about domesticated dogs. However, there will always be a difference in the manner in which the animals are/were killed -- it's one thing to shoot an animal and quickly put it out its misery, but an entirely different thing to drown, electrocute, or slam an animal on the ground for no reason other than sadistic enjoyment.

I have absolutely no idea if Vick will ever play in the NFL again, but I would not oppose a lifetime ban. Many fine people in the league over many years have worked to create a league they can be proud of. Vick has tarnished the league's image (and everyone associated with it), so if they choose to not allow him back, so be it.

1 person likes this.
  9. clair

clair Rockets

while yes, it was a great post, as NLMD is probably tied for my fav poster here w/martin, it just isn't that simple.

dollar bills control this league, just like dollar bills control everything in this world.

while many will distance themselves from Mike, the people who do like him will be more loyal and supportive than ever.

you combine that with his rumored position change to RB and that means a lot, a lot of money and attention to the NFL once he would come back.

it's like anything else:

everyone watched Jordan's 1st game back out of retirement

and

Mike Tyson's 1st fight out of jail was one of the most bought fights ever.

should any of this factor in the NFL's decision? no

but will it? i think deep down we all know the answer.

10. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

If this was any other sport I'd totally 100% agree.

I think Goodell has show that he is about more than $$. By laying the hammer down on players for discipline issues he's showing that this league will not sacrifice the reputation of itself or it's players.

I don't think Goodell is going to let a team ruin the reputation of the league just so they can profit from the Mike Vick freak show.

That being said I personally think a lifetime ban is out of line. In my mind there is only one offense that you should get a life time ban for and that is gambling on games you are involved in.