Use proper pronouns or go to jail

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

It's California. The whole fuckin State is retarded. Even vball see that.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's not quite the issue. The law refers to pronouns like Mr., Mrs. Ms or whatever. If Bobbi Sue decides she wants it's name to be Robert I have no problem with that. If the new Robert insists that I call it Mister Robert and I can
    go to jail or be fined I quit.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@uscvball i wasn't talking about the law when I said much ado about nothing, I was talking about the issue of how to treat people. Maybe I should have been clearer but the law proposed is pure unadulterated crap. It is what I was speaking about when I call Weiner et al divisive. To establish such a law goes against everything I said. It is a perfect example of the fascist left trying to impose not their values ( they have none) but a grasp for greater control. Got it?

BTW I'll bet you've shared the ladies room with more men dressed as women (whatever they wish to be called) than you'd guess.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I agree NC however should it be a law? My point was that treating people with respect requires no law, but forcing someone to respond in a certain is worse by far. The law as proposed is nothing more than a crude attempt at control. It has no place in our society. I hope you agree with that.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Okay. However, this issue goes way beyond that concept.

I'm sure there have been some. But I'm also pretty good at detecting. It still doesn't change the fact that my preference is for the law to protect my right to a separate bathroom for women only. Why should I, or any woman, be forced to wonder, look around, or feel uncomfortable because a fauxman or perv might be in the loo?

6. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

As I said above, the law is stupid and is indeed a crude attempt at control but so is refusing to call someone by their name just because you disagree with their lifestyle.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well since we are not in California and we dont have a law here yet I can call you anything I like Ms Rexie.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

OK Ms NoDickAtAll

9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

quick story to make a point...two years ago i was at a company meeting. there was a female there that looked and dressed liked a man. but she had a feminine name, lets call her sue. I was honestly confused. a couple of times while speaking in the meeting to the group i needed to reference her. A pronoun would have been the correct thing to use in that setting but i didn't know which one to use. In that scenario should i be fined if i called the person her or him, what if by accident i flipped and started calling them the opposite.

There does not need to be a law here, we should just try to be a little more human on both sides.

Winston1 likes this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The fact that there is an actual debate on this shows that this country is in the Theatre of the Absurd. If we continue on this "tyrrany of the minority" and "sissyfication" path much longer we will be so weak we could be overthrown by Sylvania.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017