USC vs LSU Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kcal, Sep 1, 2024.

1. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

Power 5 schools are licking their chops to schedule LSU in week one.

2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

BK is #guccilesmiles. Plays not to lose.

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Idaho lickin their chops

JaxTigFan likes this.
  4. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

We play Clemson the next two years home and home

there house first

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Home and home vs Clemson the next two years

6. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

If BK is at the helm for that, I’ll go ahead and predict an L. I had high hopes for BK, but I am starting to think that he isn’t going to be able to get it done here. Was disappointed to see that we did not try to spread out their defense through our passing game. Figured the D still wasn't good. We kind of masked it for awhile, but then they started giving up the big gains and finally just fell apart. We also had zero plan for the loss of ground yardage from JD. You gotta find those yards elsewhere. No. So the O is also not as good as advertised. I don’t see progress coming for Year 3.

7. r_bear42

r_bear42 Founding Member

Nothing has improved about this team. Top 10 recurring classes and on improvement at all. Dsucks again! Thought BK could get the job done but now have my doubts.

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I’m not an LSU grad, but have been an LSU football fan since 1957 or 1958. Billy Cannon, the Go Team, the Chinese Bandits and all that.

Been a college football fan for at least that long. My dad was a production manager at a textile plant in NC. He received prime tickets to games every week. We went to 8 -10 games a year. 50 yard line, plus or minus a yard or two. Mostly Duke, Carolina, N.C. State, or Wake. I did see LSU (Jerry Stovall) in Chapel Hill in the early 60s. I never realized how fortunate I was until my first game at Navy where I “watched” from the 3d row at the 2 yard line with 3 midshipmen for 2 seats.

Having said all that, I’m done. “They” killed it (the portal, NIL, and bizarre conference re-alignments). Tried watching several games this weekend. The over-arching theme was “X transferred in Y players” or “he played at X last year” or “this is his 5th (or 6th season).”

I even watched the first LSU drive fizzle out with a feeble 4th down effort. Each man for himself, and I respect everyone’s opinion, but it just doesn’t do it for me anymore.

I have enjoyed my time on the forum, and will check in, but after 65+ years I’m pretty much done with so-called college football. Geaux Tigers!

JaxTigFan, shane0911 and gynojunkie like this.
  9. DeeDee

DeeDee Veteran Member

10. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

All correct! I looked at our schedule on LSUSports and my first thought was "Am I looking at the schedule of an SEC team?"
    I had a hard time trying to work out the geography of this mess!
    So much for tradition! Tradition--like so many of our statues in the South--has been torn apart.
    Sad!

TCUTiger likes this.