USC Investigation and Sanctions

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by watson1880, May 13, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Last post before I hit the road. I would add, that in the instance of programs like USC that are cash cows for the networks, the NCAA, their and other in their conference universities, and their communities, death penalties like SMU's will not happen to those big programs. The fallout isn't worth the cost $$$$.

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Death penalty is not even remotely an option. And anything less than an extended post season ban, combined with losing at least 25 scholarships for a few years will have virtually no effect on this school. TV is too much of a juggernaut.

Doubt those things will happen.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Also while having some of their wins vacated and titles stripped would be great for Auburn, or Oklahoma, maybe even us, i can tell you, Lane Kiffin doesn't give a damn about that. Its the future that is important, and i don't think anything will happen to them.

4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Well, Brady had to suffer a few years from the sanctions levied from the Lester Earl payoff. I think Kiffen should still be worried.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i don't think he is smart enough to be worried. This dude has broken rules from his first day and nothing happens to him, they broke rules at USC when he was there, nothing is going to happen.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They must at least hit them worse than they hit Bama. This wasn't some cash to get inside access to a recruit, this was overtly giving star players and family members huge gifts.

Losing 10 scholarships a year for three years would suit me just fine.

7. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I think USC is going to get out of most of this because it was an agent giving money to a player and family in an attempt to represent him at the next level. No real direct benefit to the school. In the Bama and other big cases a booster, or someone with an interest in the school, was trying coerce a player to attend that university.

I think they will get something because their compliment department should have caught this but I don't think it will be much. Although, once Bush took money in any way from the agent, he loses his amateur status and any games he played thereafter must be forfeited.

If it's enough to get the asterisk taken away from our 2004 NC than it's good enough for me.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

wanna try that again? :hihi:

9. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

make that compliance

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

would like to hear hectorspectre or vball's take on the situation