USC Investigation and Sanctions

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by watson1880, May 13, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What kind of "damage control" can USC possibly do between Wednesday and Friday? And why are they entitled to it?

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Did they give us,Bama, or any other program time to do damage control? :huh:

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Well, USC will have the opportunity to appeal the decision should it contain harsh penalties. My continued thought is that USC skates right past this like it was a bump in the road. Which is crappy, especially since the NCAA infractions committee has had 4 yrs to put together enough evidence to fry them. It will just be a bunch of wasted money with a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I find the comical aspect is contained in the still high and mighty attitude of many of their fans. For years anyone that has mentioned the Bush story, has been vilified, lambasted and dismissed as a total kook and jealously obsessed rival.

Now that the wave is breaking on the rocks, many are just throwing Reggie's dad or Reggie himself under the bus, while failing to even consider that the coaches or the university might be even slightly at fault. Though it has blown up in two different sports, they think it is completely isolated and not endemic to their institution.

Then you see some fans arguing that they keep their NC, because that is outside the NCAA, and Bush keep his heisman because that is outside the NCAA. Some seriously arrogant fans, and that goes far towards explaining why so many are enjoying watching their fall.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Reggie Bush was under paid considering the revenue he generated for USC.

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

The school is always notified ahead of public release. I think its 24-48 hours in advance. They already know what the penalties are.

7. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Another Yahoo! Sports article... not much, but I love the Tarkanian line below and the link to the full article.

How hard will USC be hit? - College Football - Rivals.com

How hard will USC be hit?

By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports

LOS ANGELES – The NCAA’s Division I Committee on Infractions has 10 members and each of them is well aware of the reputation the organization’s de facto “jury” has earned through the years.
    The NCAA goes light on big schools (who are known to cheat more often and with more intensity) and drops the hammer on small ones (who are more likely to have bumbled their way into trouble). Or, as Jerry Tarkanian famously surmised: “the NCAA was so mad at Kentucky, it gave Cleveland State two more years of probation.”

8. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

sadly, it looks as if USC will not receive the hammer:

Kiffin's presence speaks volumes on Trojans' future - NCAA Football - CBSSports.com

Before Orgeron / Carroll: After Orgeron / Carroll :
    [​IMG]

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

One could argue that Lane took the job knowing that sanctions were a distinct possibility. Now he has a built in excuse for not performing well.